iPhone Plan and tethering Restrictions

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by Naziris, Aug 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Naziris

Naziris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello guys,
    Im studying in UK and currently Im with Vodafone and my plan is 20 pounds for 300 min,3000 sms and 500MB, 300 and 3000 sms are useless for me though.

I'll go back in UK in a few days so I would like to change my plan or Carrier to get cheaper one cause everyone telling me that Im paying more for nothing.

They suggested me the 3Store's all you can eat (Something like that) plan that I can use as much I need with 15 pounds but If I need tethering I have to pay 8-10 pounds.

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4, If I use the tweak terher me will it help to passthrough the 3store's tethering restrictions?

Cause I think 8-10 pounds for tethering is ridiculous. After all, you are offering me an Unlimited plan, why you f***** care how I am going to use it. I know the answer...Marketing.

Anyone has anything to suggest like another carrier or tweak?

Hope my english is good and you can understand what Im talking about.

Thank you

2. chukwe

chukwe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +465
    As your iPhone is jailbroken, you can use "tetherme", "pdanet" or "mywi" from Cydia to tether from 3 or giffgaff.

As long as you don't abuse the data usage, you won't have any problem from your network provider

3. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    This old chestnut comes up again and again and the point is constantly missed. A person on an unlimited plan on average will use less data than someone on an unlimited plan who is tethering (a person using a laptop will typically consume a higher bandwidth for various reasons). Therefore, it will on average cost the network operator more, and therefore they charge for the privilege. Seems obvious to me.

4. DanParker

DanParker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I've used tetherme for a few months now and had no problems.