iphone PAYG

snig300

Established Member
Reaction score
looking for a cheap pay as you go plan for Iphone 4,wondering if there are any payg plans with data allowance/wifi that roll over to months when the phone is not topped up? all seem to only offer web allowances for the month the phone is topup up so making payg pointless as I might as well get a monthly plan if I need to topup each month anyway?

You are not going to be that fortunate to find a plan that carries over - otherwise we would all be on it

I know you said PAYG but Three's Sim300 is down to £12 and is only a 30day contract. You get 1gb 300mins and 3000 texts.

but payg wont allow the web and text allowance to carry over but you do at least get the £10 top up carrying over e.g. both o2 and vodafone have £10 top up deals that gives you 500MB data and 300 texts on top of your £10 credit, with of course only the £10 credit carrying over.

thought I was expecting to much,I did buy 2 Orange sims for the iphone for presents awhile back and thought I was told the data allowance lasted 12 months as long as credit was on the phone? maybe she just meant wifi?

it's just the iPhone automatically updates stuff,so needs some data allowance everyday,thanks anyway.

Well there are offers on some payg micro-SIMS that when you top up you get a years data access such as T-Mobile and Orange but you need to check if the offer is still on on the Orange Micro-SIMS you already have

giffgaffs tarriffs are not that bad. Sort of a cross between PAYG and pay monthly.

I use three mobile on pay and go

Money doesn't roll over but for £15 you get

Completely unlimited Internet, 300 minutes and 3000 texts

£10 gives you you similar but only 500mb

No rolling contact

I use a PAYG iPhone 4. The main thing for me is data rather than calls. I'm on 3 and £5 buys 2GB of data that's valid for a month. That suits me fine. In addition, when you topup £10 you are given some free data and texts. I like 3 because the data is fast and 3G coverage is good. No charging for personal hotspot and it tethers fine so long as you don't take the mickey.

The other option is to wait for one of the mega cashback deals (Quidco or Topcashback) that crops up every three months or so on a £20/m iPhone SIM only contract. After the cashback it typically works out a £10/month or cheaper for the full monty. Done this twice for the wife on O2 and Vodafone.

I have been offered a iPhone 3 and was gonna put my orange payg sim in. Do you know if it will work?

mrben5 said:
I have been offered a iPhone 3 and was gonna put my orange payg sim in. Do you know if it will work?

Yes it will, as long as the phone is unlocked.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom