iphone out of warranty replacement

m1tesh

Novice Member
My wife's iphone 3GS (16gb) is really struggling and i just wondered if anyone had any experience with getting an out of warranty replacement with apple.

Do they still have 16gb 3GS in stock?
Is it likely they will upgrade the phone for a newer model?

i'd appreciate your thoughts or experiences.

chukwe

You'll have to pay £129. You did better off getting an iPhone 4\4S from the classified section of this forum

m1tesh

Novice Member
yep - if they do upgrade then it's better to do it via the apple store, as you get 3 months warranty I assume

chukwe

yep - if they do upgrade then it's better to do it via the apple store, as you get 3 months warranty I assume

Apple don't do upgrade of iPhone. You'll only get like to like of your replacement iPhone or you upgrade from your network provider

Professor Chaos

A friend had issues with his 3GS about 4 months ago. They charged him £59 not £120 as a goodwill gesture.

At that price its worth a replacement.

If they dont have replacement I'd imagine (a) they might order one from their warehouse for you, assuming youre willing to pay their cost of anything up to £120 for the phone.
or (b) might offer you an iPhone 4, but only for a fee. Dont expect it free !

m1tesh

Novice Member
definitely not expecting it for free!

A friend had issues with his 3GS about 4 months ago. They charged him £59 not £120 as a goodwill gesture.

At that price its worth a replacement.

If they dont have replacement I'd imagine (a) they might order one from their warehouse for you, assuming youre willing to pay their cost of anything up to £120 for the phone.
or (b) might offer you an iPhone 4, but only for a fee. Dont expect it free !

luz0307

Standard Member
Hi,
I have had the same problem, and I am now looking for an iphone 4s for maximum 150. Do you know any places where I can get a similar deal? Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom