iPhone on Talkmobile can access emails on Wifi but not 3G

Chaswick

Novice Member
I have recently bought an iPhone 4s from Talkmobile who use the Vodafone cellular network. My ISP is Plusnet. I can access and send emails when on Wifi, but I cannot do either on 3G with the Wifi switched off. I have tried deleting and reinstating the email account and settings on the phone many times and still have this problem. I have had several web chats with Talkmobile who have ended up sending me a new SIM which has not solved the problem. I have had no success with both Apple and Plusnet as well. Can anyone offer a solution? It seems crazy that the email settings work perfectly on Wifi, but I just get the message that "the mail server "mail.plus.net" is not responding" when I try to get mails on 3G. Safari etc work without any problems on 3G.
Incidentally my wife took out a contract with Talkmobile at the same time as me, and also has the iPhone 4S and uses my domain for emails through Plusnet. Like me she has no problems with emails on WiFi, but unlike me she is able to receive them on 3G. However she can't send emails on 3G.
Anyone got any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom