Iphone o2 pay as you go sim

s1hastie

Banned
Can anyone confirm that the free web and wifi is a monthly bolt on? And renews each month till the 12 months are up.

I bought a pre-used sim card off these forums which should have 8 months free web and wifi left on it, i've had a text message from o2 saying they will start deducting £10 per month for it as it expires on the 7th of feb.

This is what im being told :

" you will find that after the 7th Feb you will get another reminder that the bolt on balance will run out on the 7th March. It is a monthly bolt on so you will get a month by month reminder of the expriry dates for each month. "

Its not that im disbelieving them just want to be sure.

jerryq7777

Did the previous owner use the sim to unlock his iphone ?
Doing this loses the free web and wifi.

bigdavecox90

I always thought it was free for the first 12 months and then was a monthly bolt on of £10 if you wish to keep it.

simon69c

I always thought it was free for the first 12 months and then was a monthly bolt on of £10 if you wish to keep it.
That's certainly how it should work, but as has been mentioned - if the SIM is used to unlock an iPhone then this forfeits any remaining free months. Sounds like the person who sold the SIM either:
a) has a hazy memory as to when the SIM was activated ;)
b) used the SIM to unlock an iPhone

Alternatively the OP may be using it in a non-iPhone which O2 won't be keen on and that may be why they are saying they will be charging.

If the OP thinks none of those apply then best contact O2's customer services to find out what is going on.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom