Iphone not recognising Headphones and stuck in headphone mode? Mic not working either.

The sound and volume work just fine on playback but when I attach my headphones they are not being recognised. If I use bluetooth headphones they work fine.

The problem is when I try to make or receive calls I think the phone believes that headphones are connected even when they are not. So I cannot hear the other person on the call - its not outputting from the phones speakers and I cannot put it on loudspeaker - its greyed out.

On top I just tried to record a video but there was no sound - it looks like the mic is not working either.

Is this a software issue or hardware issue?

When I try to use whatsapp voice call it keeps saying that you cannot make a call whilst on another call.

dtobin

I'm sure I remember this being an issue caused by fluff/lint being inside the headphone socket.

Shine a light into it, see if there's anything you can dig out with a pin or similar

ascender

I'm sure I remember this being an issue caused by fluff/lint being inside the headphone socket.

Shine a light into it, see if there's anything you can dig out with a pin or similar
I'll put money on that being the solution, I've had this a couple of times over the years.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom