iPhone lost - NOW FOUND :) Thanks all who posted

I've done it before. Left my van across someone's drive.

The guy wasn't paying me for a job I did. Refused all reminders.

I sat in my van and wouldn't let him go to work until he had coughed up. I didn't even engage in conversation, van was locked and windows were up and I was sat there reading a paper. What choice did he have, pay up or smash my window. He paid in full.

or find another way to get to work? bus, taxi, ask a friend for a lift?

not that i condone what he did (not paying you etc), but he had other choices if he really wanted to leave the house.

He could've commissioned a Helicopter and Pilot if he wanted to. The point is that he paid because he wanted to get to work in the way he usually travels.

He could've commissioned a Helicopter and Pilot if he wanted to. The point is that he paid because he wanted to get to work in the way he usually travels.

Please just put the pedants out of their misery and explain that by parking your van across his driveway, you were preventing him from leaving to go to work in his car!...

Maybe I'm not as pedantic, or I'm really brainy and knew that driveway= car?

Yes, he could call the police, it's up to him.

The police turn up and my Van had broken down and miraculously starts.

He will still be late for work.

People want to mess me about with money after I break my back doing work for them then I will do all I can to get that money.

Fortunately it's only happened twice In the last 12 years. The other time it involved someone who had been in prison for a £10m ostrich meat scam. (Google it)

have you ever tried ostrich? they have an ostrich burger stall round this way every Christmas, but haven't had one yet. they do look good though.

Yes, he could call the police, it's up to him.

The police turn up and my Van had broken down and miraculously starts.

He will still be late for work.

People want to mess me about with money after I break my back doing work for them then I will do all I can to get that money.

Fortunately it's only happened twice In the last 12 years. The other time it involved someone who had been in prison for a £10m ostrich meat scam. (Google it)

I remember being with my father when I was younger, and seeing him put a pick through the satelitte dish of a customer who'd bounced a cheque to pay for the installation of the satellite system. He was a rather angry chap at times...And he lost a pick, as he left it in the dish!

Best one I heard was frozen prawns in the curtain pole. The customer will tear the house apart trying to find the smell.

You'd have to have access to the house, of course

A twist, gentlemen. Retracked the phone this afternoon. The phone is now showing as dead, is going straight through to answer phone but is 'last located about 15 metres down the road from my house. I've knocked on the 5 houses nearest the point on find my iPhone, none have found/had anything(known all the neighbours for years so I believe them)

That shows why you should have done something straight away before it ran out of power.

Is there a chance that one of your neighbours has a relative in Standish and they were visiting when they found it, and are now visiting again?

What have I to google? The £10m meat scandal or your blocking his driveway.... I am impressed you parking in someones drive made the news... I doff my hat to you sir!

Boring, yet excellent end to the story. After going around knocking on houses last night, one of the neighbours turned up when my dad came home for breakfast this morning having found the phone, apparently 'in the street' While I spent a cumulative 30-40 minutes searching a 15 metre stretch of road, glad to have the phone back.

17 missed calls, 4 messages.

Once I've found out what the neighbour drinks, will take a bottle round to him to say thanks, and thanks to all in here. The address in standish must've been a bug/glitch.

Mrs' now only has to buy a new sim card.

Will go through and thank posts after shower :)

Thanks to this thread I have just put the "find my iphone" app on my phone

Maybe they have had an attack of the willies and thrown the phone back somewhere near where they found it?

Sounds like someone who lives/visits your road has the phone.

.......or they read this thread and panicked and chucked the phone in a bush near your house:laugh:

Could both have been possible :p

Find my iPhone can be somewhat inaccurate. In a previous job I used to set all the company iPhones up with an iCloud account just for this, and one morning was asked to wipe an iPhone that someone thought they had left on the tube - it was showing up somewhere around Mornington Crescent tube depot according to Find my iPhone (office was in Camden). Phone was wiped... and then found a few hours later under their desk. :facepalm:
Damn right, It was tracking 23 miles away from where the phone was :p
Thanks to this thread I have just put the "find my iphone" app on my phone

See above :p

Rating's dished out:smashin:

Last page was a little OT? :confused: :p

Boring, yet excellent end to the story. After going around knocking on houses last night, one of the neighbours turned up when my dad came home for breakfast this morning having found the phone, apparently 'in the street' While I spent a cumulative 30-40 minutes searching a 15 metre stretch of road, glad to have the phone back.

17 missed calls, 4 messages.

Once I've found out what the neighbour drinks, will take a bottle round to him to say thanks, and thanks to all in here. The address in standish must've been a bug/glitch.

Mrs' now only has to buy a new sim card.

Will go through and thank posts after shower :)
How are you at tracking down flight recorders?

Phones been showing no sim today, I assumed because we'd blocked the sim, but mrs. Has gone to put new sim in, but the old one isn't there!

Certainly something dodgy going on; neighbour who found it has two nobhead sons but, either way, phone is back with new sim arriving tomorrow

Definately setting the app up now.
No idea what I'd do if I lost my phone and I didn't set this up

apparently neighbours nobhead son and his mates were trying to sell it in the pub last night. The shits.

Phone was redelivered to rightful owner this afternoon :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom