• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPhone internet vs HTC and Blackberry

torvalds

Standard Member
At work the other day people were watching youtube on their phones without wifi, the phones were an HTC desire hd and a blackberry of some kind. I have never been able to do this on my iphone and I dont know what network they're connecting to.

The guy on the blackberry phone said it was 3g but the htc wasnt connected to 3g and my iphone couldn't connect to 3g at the same location. He can also watch sky sports live on his phone :(

I couldnt believe they were both able to do this, also generally browsing the internet is much faster for them, especially the htc phone, whereas my iphone is a real pain unless im connected to wifi.

Can anyone tell me why their internet is much faster than mine because I just cant see why :(

My contract is up for renewal next month and im planning what phone to get next.

thedrewser

Established Member
I've got a 3GS and never had a problem watching YouTube on my phone when not on wifi. I also am able to watch Sky Sports (although I pay £5/month to Sky for this).

TBH, I've never tried other in a non-3G area.

torvalds

Standard Member
Well the area we were in 3g wasnt available to me. They can do this it seems without 3g while it takes me 3 minutes to open a webpage lol Anyone else iwth an iphone at work also cant do this, even the new iphone.

dwhite

Distinguished Member
What network were they on, perhaps they had 3g coverage and you didn't.

torvalds

Standard Member
Well the blackberry was on vodafone and me and the htc on o2. The htc had something on the screen but it wasnt wifi or 3g. Maybe he can get 3g with vodaphone..

I wouldnt get a blackberry phone but im seriously thinking about getting an htc, although the screen is far too big on the desire hd.

akki007

Established Member
torvalds said:
Well the blackberry was on vodafone and me and the htc on o2. The htc had something on the screen but it wasnt wifi or 3g. Maybe he can get 3g with vodaphone..

I wouldnt get a blackberry phone but im seriously thinking about getting an htc, although the screen is far too big on the desire hd.

The HTC might have had a H to signify HSDPA

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom