iPhone in recovery mode

odris

Established Member
Reaction score
I went to download iOS 4 earlier when it stopped half way and put my phone in to recovery mode. So I have been trying everything to get it out, when I try to restore the phone i get an error message 21 during the "preparing iPhone" stage and I have even tried manually downloading the firmware and restoring it that way, I tried 4.0, 3.1.3, 3.1.2, 3.0. I even tried using a different computer but I still get the same problem. I am a few days out of warranty (grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) so it will cost me to get it fixed so does anyone have any ideas of what I can try?

are you putting it into proper dfu mode? the one where the screen is blank

I was trying to do the dfu trick with holding down the buttons etc. but it kept bringing me back to the itunes logo and usb cable icon.

I was trying to do the dfu trick with holding down the buttons etc. but it kept bringing me back to the itunes logo and usb cable icon.

Have you tried reinstalling iTunes 9.1

I'm sure I've read somewhere that that could be the problem with restoring earlier firmware.

Yeah I have re-installed it a few times now.

Looks like I'm in DFU mode now because the iPhone screen has stayed blank, still getting the error message though.

If you are in DFU mode and its still not working the only place you can go is the Apple Store

If you are in DFU mode and its still not working the only place you can go is the Apple Store

From my experience, you need to get yourself a Genius bar appointment. I hope they have better luck sorting out your phone than they did mine. If they can't fix it i hope that you have some kind of insurance/warranty.

create a new user account on your mac/pc

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom