iphone FREE speed up!

Scouter

Standard Member
Reaction score
Last night had a first side by side speed test with friends iphone, his had 3G mine had not.
After checking all settings I called O2.
The guy checked and went quiet " Oh dear " he said. "It appears that you have a non 3G sim card."
Because I was an existing customer they sent out an iphone (£100 + £35/month x18) and NOT a new sim.
This is the offical O2 line:
1 They do not automatically send out the 3G sim card.
2 You get one by calling O2 and saying you think your phone is slow.

The first 3 people I have called that I know have iphones have all presumed they have never been in a 3G area.

Call O2 and ask for your 3G sim that you are paying for and £45(good will) for your trouble ( this took a lot of shouting ).

No wonder I thought the thing was pants for the last 12 months!

Most of my work and life is in rural settings so how am I to know what is fast or slow mobile data?

Good Luck
Scouter

Well that's odd because when I upgraded my Sony ericsson they automatically sent me a 3g SIM so i already had it when i got my Iphone, so i guessed it was automatic. could it this was an oversight and not normal practice?

Well that's odd because when I upgraded my Sony ericsson they automatically sent me a 3g SIM so i already had it when i got my Iphone, so i guessed it was automatic. could it this was an oversight and not normal practice?

When I was getting all hot under the collar with O2 I asked for their offical stance, they said "we do not send new sims automatically". Seems like a scam to keep bandwidth clear. Ofcom said "at least you could download some data :mad: I took the £45 "good will" and let it drop, apart from popping on a couple of forums :clap:

Just got my first 32gb iPhone 3gs today. Its the first smartphone to tempt me away from the nastiest cheapest 49.99 handsets my provider would sell me down through the years.

So my last phone was a nasty PAYG motorola clamshell. I've had it about 2 years. Swapped the SIM into the iPhone and I am getting a 3G icon top left of screen when using an internet enabled feature of the phone but out of range of my Home Wifi.

Am I correct in assuming the Irish O2 are shipping 3G SIMS for the last few years even with crappy non 3G phones??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom