iphone does not receive text mesages after being out of network. (t mobile)

johannab

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,I am new to this particular forum and would appreciate any help.
I have an unlocked ipohne which i use with my contract t mobile sim.

In the past ,whenever I came out of a tunnel ,any texts are delivered to me (as I am back in range). This last week his hasn't been happening.

I have restored to factory settings etc and upgraded and it still misbehaves. Its particularly strange as it immediately delivers any emails to me as soon as I am out of tunnel. Also all websites and apps function using my t mobile connection.Its only texts that can't be received. I can send text without problems and they get received by the other person.

The only way I can get any missed messages is to go into settings-general-reset- and reset network.This can then take up to twenty mins for messages to be received and is not an ideal way to use any phone.

Receiving texts AFTER being out of range/underground (which happens regulary as am in and out of tube all day) is the only prob with this phone.

O2 unlocked it all officially for me.I bought it brand new and sealed on ebay 2 months ago and its been fine all this time.I don't have any recourse with Apple as I bought it on ebay.

Please help
jo

Having tried your end, what about the T Mobile end?

O2 unlocked it all officially for me.I bought it brand new and sealed on ebay 2 months ago and its been fine all this time.I don't have any recourse with Apple as I bought it on ebay.

Please help
jo

You have every recourse with Apple if the phone is under a year old.

There's a link on the Apple site somewhere, where you can stick your serial number in and check the remaining warranty.

Do that and assuming it is under a year old, make an appointment with an Apple genius at your closest Apple store and let them check it out and sort it.

They don't care where it was purchased from, the iPhone warranty is worldwide anyway. :smashin:

Hi Guys,thanks for your input. I plan to phone T mobile this afternoon,perhaps request a new Sim...?

As for the Apple serial number -I didn't know that and the page is saying I have some support ! I will try out the T mobile route first and then a phone call to Apple for advice... and hopefully a repair if necessary.

hi,

its the 3GS 32gb with a software upgrade to os4.

The problem existed before I upgraded to 4 though. I thought upgrading might cure it.

Hi Azzin,

thats what I do when I go into settings. It works, but only until next time I am out of service area. I reset the network and then within half hour any stray messages turn up on my phone.

I don't want to have to do it every time as I get the tube everyday and often rely on my phone to meet people or arrange things in general and need my phone to work automatically when I get back out in the open.

Just phoned t mobile, they have sent some new settings direct to the phone and tmrw I will find out if its worked or not (when am out of coverage area).

If not then they will arrange a new sim for me.

Hello again,
I have spoken to both T mobile and Apple and both of them say its 'very strange' and that it must be a fault with the other!

Apple confirm I have 10 months warranty left and suggest I bring it onto a store to see a Genius if the t mobile settings and subsequent new sim card don't improve the situation.

Thanks to you all for pointing me in the right direction.

quick update - I went to Apple regent store today after booking a 'genius' appointment.

The guy there said it was a firmware fault and could not be fixed . He gave me a new phone and took the faulty one off of me.

Am very happy and thank everyone for their help :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom