iphone can i use a pay as you go top up card

I remember when

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi probably daft question

but cannot find the answer is it possible to use an iphone 3g without a wireless contract or 02 monthly top up or o2 18 month contract

i see you can get smart sim or turbo sim to allow other mobile company’s sims to work

Wanted to use a pay as you go top up sim card and top it up as needed is this possible for the short term then look at other options next year only want to use the ipod mp3 features and basic mobile phone texts etc do i need a special sim first

was originally just going to get a 16gb itouch but thought might as well get an iphone 3g if i can use it on pay as you go

thanks in advance

Just buy it from O2 on PAYG? You get free wifi and unlimited internet downloads for the first 12months. Top up as and when you need and they have some ok deals on pay and go tariffs.

hi thanks for the reply was not sure about the minimum spend each month on pay as you go was looking like i needed to spend £10-14 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I have one on o2 and i believe there isnt one - visit o2 website will prob give you the details your after.

there is no minimum top up and you can choose the type of payg plan you want and the more you top up the more free minutes you get. I have talkalot on mine and if i top up £10 a month i get 75 free evening and weekend minutes to use and if i top up £15 i get 150 minutes.

Many thanks with no minimum top up or penalty this sounds perfect will get 1 this afternoon thank you both for your help

3 months and stil looking : ( any news on a price drop

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom