Iphone Business Midterm Upgrade

ryaneire

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what O2 policy is for upgrading at the 12 month mark of the 24 month contract?

I have two Iphone 3G that I want to upgrade and tomorrow is the midterm date. Can I upgrade these to the Iphone 3GS or Iphone4 for a price and is so is there a standard price? I'm on the small business tariff.

Thanks,
Ryan

try going on the o2 site, it will probably pop up saying a chat advisor is available and ask them.

Does anyone know what O2 policy is for upgrading at the 12 month mark of the 24 month contract?

I have two Iphone 3G that I want to upgrade and tomorrow is the midterm date. Can I upgrade these to the Iphone 3GS or Iphone4 for a price and is so is there a standard price? I'm on the small business tariff.

Thanks,
Ryan
I had a look at this a while ago as my 12 month mark is approaching mid December. I was looking to upgrade from a 3GS (8Gb) to a 4 (32Gb). Unfortunately I threw out the piece of paper with the figures on but I think it was somewhere in the region of £300 - £400 to upgrade (sorry, can't remember the exact figure). I could have off-set this quite a bit by trading in the old 3GS, I think about £230 was mentioned.

I eventually just bought an unlocked iPhone4 from Apple and upgraded that way. The two reasons were
a) impatience - this was a couple of months ago and I didn't want to wait :blush:
b) data allowance - if I upgraded with O2, the unlimited data allowance I currently have was going to be cut to 500Gb and I didn't want that.

Give them a buzz and ask, that's the easiest way. Good luck.

I am on the same contract - my 12 month upgrade was due in April. I new the iphone 4 was due out around June so i didn't bother upgrading at that point.
A couple of weeks after the launch of the iphone 4 i contacted them to see what the deal was for upgrading to the 4 but keeping the same contract.

At that time i was offered a 32gig iphone 4 for £172 (+VAT). Everything else remained the same about the contract. I ordered and received the new iphone 4 about a week later. My contract has remained the same and is still due to end next April.

I then sold my 3g to one of these mobile phone websites and got £172 for it so in effect i got a brand new iphone 4 for £30:thumbsup:

I am on the same contract - my 12 month upgrade was due in April......
At that time i was offered a 32gig iphone 4 for £172 (+VAT). Everything else remained the same about the contract. I ordered and received the new iphone 4 about a week later. My contract has remained the same and is still due to end next April.

Sorry Derek, but either you or they have made a mistake.

One of the rules of upgrading midterm to an iphone is that it extends your contract by another two years.

If you ask a different person and they look into it properly, you'll find you now have until the following april before your contract ends.

But, that doesn't stop you upgrading again at the next 12 month mark.

Sorry Derek, but either you or they have made a mistake.

One of the rules of upgrading midterm to an iphone is that it extends your contract by another two years.

If you ask a different person and they look into it properly, you'll find you now have until the following april before your contract ends.

But, that doesn't stop you upgrading again at the next 12 month mark.

Sorry but that is not right. One of the terms of the small business user contract is that you can upgrade the handset midway without renewing the contract. I wouldn't have signed up otherwise.

check it out with O2.

I have 5 business contracts, 4 of them started out as medium business frequent user. What you say is true, except when it's an iphone you upgrade to (might be blackberry too).

If not the numbers just don't work out.

you'd be paying less than £600 over the course of the year, which is less than the phone and would get the phone calls for free.

The people who set O2's pricing aren't stupid! I'd ring them and explain exactly what you think is the situation and get them to confirm.

When I sorted out my contracts - blinding deal btw - I rang on about 20 different occasions in order to get someone who actually understood what I was trying to achieve. I got different information everytime I rang up until I managed to get someone to do all the things wanted on each tariff.

I now pay £29+ vat /month for 800 mins, infinite texts, infinite calls to all O2 and infinite calls to all landlines, and I get to upgrade every 12 months for around £100 for the small size of the latest iphone. Trade in my phone like you do, and I get roughly a £200 subsidiy towards my tariff and always have the latest phone.

Only downside is that should I ever want to leave, I am in contract for 12 more months.

check it out with O2.

I have 5 business contracts, 4 of them started out as medium business frequent user. What you say is true, except when it's an iphone you upgrade to (might be blackberry too).

If not the numbers just don't work out.

you'd be paying less than £600 over the course of the year, which is less than the phone and would get the phone calls for free.

The people who set O2's pricing aren't stupid! I'd ring them and explain exactly what you think is the situation and get them to confirm.

When I sorted out my contracts - blinding deal btw - I rang on about 20 different occasions in order to get someone who actually understood what I was trying to achieve. I got different information everytime I rang up until I managed to get someone to do all the things wanted on each tariff.

I now pay £29+ vat /month for 800 mins, infinite texts, infinite calls to all O2 and infinite calls to all landlines, and I get to upgrade every 12 months for around £100 for the small size of the latest iphone. Trade in my phone like you do, and I get roughly a £200 subsidiy towards my tariff and always have the latest phone.

Only downside is that should I ever want to leave, I am in contract for 12 more months.

I got them to confirm in writing to me that my contract would not be extended if i upgraded the handset from an iphone 3g to an iphone 4 and after the upgrade again got them to confirm the end date of my contract in writing which remains 27/4/11 as it has been since i took the contract out:smashin:

Don't know if it makes any difference that i was upgrading from one iphone to another but since i have it in writing from them i don't really care:D

excellent

in that case, I'm going to ring up and get them to say the same thing to me!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom