• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPhone Bumpers + Dock?

Will be you buying the following for your new iPhone :)

• Bumper - Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Bumper - No

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Dock - Yes

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Dock - No

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
Following the announcement of the bumpers and the new dock will you be getting either?

Bumpers -

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dock -

Thanks for looking :smashin:
Jack

Last edited:

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
I'm yet to see a Bumper on a black iPhone 4. Has anyone got a link to a picture?

There's a photoshop over at macrumors :)

im Getting a white 16GB iP4 and a white bumber
i know it aint colourful but damn...it just looks nice & neat :smashin:
will definately put a shield on both the front and the back, and then put the bumber on top

spikeyjac

Distinguished Member
I take it the 2 won't work together? ie the iPhone won't fit in the dock with a bumper fitted?

Erm I'm not sure actually :D

MrStinky

Established Member
I take it the 2 won't work together? ie the iPhone won't fit in the dock with a bumper fitted?

Looking at the separate bumper thread it appears images have been found of the iPhone 4 with bumper, sitting quite comfortably in a dock. :thumbsup:

This is good news for me as I'll most likely get both, the bumper looks like a great idea and suits the new design well, and the one accessory I'm going to miss from my current phone will be the charging pod, which charges my phone using contacts on the side so you can drop it in without having to worry about plugging it in, the dock won't be quite the same, but as my PC is on most of the time it's a good substitute.

Trune

Established Member
i hope it does fit in all docks with bumpers on.

really annoys me when you have to take your phone out of the case to dock it into a device.

Gryzor73

Standard Member
Apple design a stunning looking phone, and you cover it up with plastic and turn it into a monstrosity... Look after your stuff instead of falling for marketing tricks.

Paul D

Prominent Member
Apple design a stunning looking phone, and you cover it up with plastic and turn it into a monstrosity... Look after your stuff instead of falling for marketing tricks.

Do you live in the real world? :D

In another life (working indoors), all my phones looked as good as new when upgrade time came.
I used to have the time to baby my phones, and spent ages polishing them.

Then i became self employed.
My phone is now a work tool, and i cannot predict what may be in my pockets.(coins/tools/fittings)
If the phone rings i have to answer it, and then get back to what i was doing.
Sometimes this means i have to just put it down nearby.

So if the phone is to stand some chance of surviving my contract, then some form of protection is needed.
I learnt a very fast lesson with the screen on a shiny new Sony X1.
Put it in my pocket only to find out later a screw was also in there.
Every time the phone was used, a nice scratched screen greeted me!

Having said all that, i TOTALLY agree with you about covering up a such a great looking phone.
So with this in mind, i ordered this see through jacket/case from fleebay.
It arrived a few days a go and seems excellent. I will know more how hardy it is once the phone arrives. (£3.45 delivered BTW!!!)

Attachments

• DSCN4645-2.jpg
    DSCN4645-2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 528
  • DSCN4649-2.jpg
    DSCN4649-2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom