For Sale iPhone 7 Unlocked 32GB - Matte Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Hi all

Looking to sell my iPhone 7.
32GB in storage, immaculate condition, coming from someone who takes greater pride in the appearance of their tech than their own face.
Boxed with all accessories, including 3.5mm adaptor and unused earpods.
Will send over my additional lightning cables too.

Only around 2 months old, was bought direct from CPW after an insurance payout from them not having any HTC 10's.

Phone confirmed as unlocked.

Any questions let me know, would also be up for a trade with a Pixel/XL.

Price: £400 incl RMSD.

Sorry for the terrible photo's, only had an iPad mini to hand.

Cheers,
Mike

Price and currency: 400
Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
Payment method: BT
Advertised elsewhere?: Advertised elsewhere
Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attachments

Last edited:

malky78

Rating - 100%
248   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Glasgow
Is there any chance you can get this unlocked?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Bump.
Text received from Three confirming handset is unlocked.

JH89

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Reaction score
Hey, would you be willing to sell it for £380?

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Hiya - are you set on BT only to pay or would you go PayPal? Would take at asking if so (sorry, it's down to a refund annoyingly being refunded to a credit card..)
Cheers!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Hiya - are you set on BT only to pay or would you go PayPal? Would take at asking if so (sorry, it's down to a refund annoyingly being refunded to a credit card..)
Cheers!
By PPG ensuring no fees etc then guess I'd be open to that.

Due to work commitments I may not be able to post until Friday tho if that is an issue.

Thanks
Mike

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
By PPG ensuring no fees etc then guess I'd be open to that.

Due to work commitments I may not be able to post until Friday tho if that is an issue.

Thanks
Mike
Hiya - OK how about £410 by regular PP, that should cover the fees? Friday is fine if it's going to arrive by Saturday (I'm guessing RMSD should still?).

Cheers!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Reaction score
Hiya - OK how about £410 by regular PP, that should cover the fees? Friday is fine if it's going to arrive by Saturday (I'm guessing RMSD should still?).

Cheers!
Okay I can go with that.

Move to pm?

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Payment sent

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Just to update this thread, I (the purchaser) had to return it to Macbeth as it seems the unlock wasn't taking and I couldn't use my EE sim (it still worked fine with a Three one). He was very helpful and we tried every combination but to no avail so I've sadly returned it to him. To be clear Macbeth has been very helpful and I don't feel is to blame, more Apple's ludicrous lock system.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Moving to disputes and reviewing

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Hi

@Macbeth you have had the goods since Tuesday and they were signed for yet no refund has been made, can you please arrange this immediately? The refund needs to include the return carriage costs from the buyer so please check the postage label

Usually the refund is actioned first then the goods returned in cases like this.

Please advise

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Just to update my actions - PayPal dispute opened as was paid using Good and Services. No reply received as yet from seller since Sunday.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
He's not been online for nearly a week I'm afraid.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
@Macbeth can you please check your PM from me?

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
No communication received so PayPal escalated to claim. I've also spoken to colleague at work who's in the force Fraud and Financial Investigations Unit and if nothing comes of this way, he's happy to look into it.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
No communication received so PayPal escalated to claim. I've also spoken to colleague at work who's in the force Fraud and Financial Investigations Unit and if nothing comes of this way, he's happy to look into it.
Excellent, keep me in the loop please.

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Excellent, keep me in the loop please.
Just to give a final set of updates:

PayPal have found in my favour and refunded after no replies from the seller, Michael Macbeth, at all. It's no surprise to say that I didn't get any reply to my texts either. As PayPal have refunded, I've not opted to go forward with a Police crime report.

Moral of the story here - even with a seller with a good trading record, insist on paying using a form of payment that should protect you in cases such as these. Had I not done so and paid as the seller's original suggestion of BT or PPG, I would be very much out of pocket.

Hopefully the seller won't be able to rip anyone else off on here anymore - details available to mods if you want more information to prevent this happening.

Thanks to Roustafarian too, a great help!

Last edited:

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
Just to give a final set of updates:

PayPal have found in my favour and refunded after no replies from the seller, Michael Macbeth, at all. It's no surprise to say that I didn't get any reply to my texts either. As PayPal have refunded, I've not opted to go forward with a Police crime report.

Moral of the story here - even with a seller with a good trading record, insist on paying using a form of payment that should protect you in cases such as these. Had I not done so and paid as the seller's original suggestion of BT or PPG, I would be very much out of pocket.

Hopefully the seller won't be able to rip anyone else off on here anymore - details available to mods if you want more information to prevent this happening.

Thanks to Roustafarian too, a great help!
Excellent, news I'll happily take the details you've got by PM to compare to the ones we have.

In the meantime I'll get rid of this thief.

StumpyBloke

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Reaction score
Stone, Staffordshire
Mods I know I am not meant to post here but as this issue is resolved I hope it's ok...shouldn't we still report these thieves to the Police and Action Fraud even when we are not out of pocket in the end? It's almost like letting this vermin get away with it.

gunark

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Reaction score
Mods I know I am not meant to post here but as this issue is resolved I hope it's ok...shouldn't we still report these thieves to the Police and Action Fraud even when we are not out of pocket in the end? It's almost like letting this vermin get away with it.
I'll leave that to the mods - as I have a refund I'm not sure what Action Fraud will do, or at least the priority given may be lower. But I can understand that despite PP paying up, he may well have not paid them back. I would be surprised if he is able to use a PP service again though, and I don't know what they do regarding funds they can't recover.

jmbrailsford

Rating - 100%
186   0   0
Reaction score
Fife, Scotland
I agree, they will just do it again somewhere else. Police should be informed. Hell give me all the info and I'll do it [emoji6]

Apsilon

Senior Moderator
Rating - 100%
562   0   0
Reaction score
Manchester
But I can understand that despite PP paying up, he may well have not paid them back. I would be surprised if he is able to use a PP service again though, and I don't know what they do regarding funds they can't recover.
If Paypal cannot recover money from his account, they will pursue him through the courts the same as any other lender because he has essentially defaulted on a loan repayment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending threads

Latest News

Xbox Series X console rises from Microsoft's Project Scarlett
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
BT Sports introduces all-access monthly pass for £25
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Dolby Atmos Music comes to Tidal streaming service
  • By Andy Bassett