iPhone 7 Delivery Estimate

Jet Black iPhones are in short supply as they are hard to manufacture:

"According to a new report by respected analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple is in the midst of a global shortage of Jet Black iPhones, and it’s because the finish is so tricky to get right. According to Kuo, the Jet Black iPhone 7’s 9 step manufacturing process has a 60-70% yield rate – meaning 30-40% of Jet Black components don’t make the cut."

Well I decided to upgrade after owning a 5s from new and needed more memory.
Went into 'car phone warehouse' on sunday and placed an order with a new contract. I ordered the 128gb Matt black 7+ and was told it would be around the 21st October before my phone arrived. I was happy to wait and was in no rush for the phone. Early Monday morning comes and I receive a call to say my phone was ready to collect, not even 24hrs after placing my order and my phone was ready.
What happened to waiting a month? I feel terrible as I know there are people who have been waiting quite a while.

Well I decided to upgrade after owning a 5s from new and needed more memory.
Went into 'car phone warehouse' on sunday and placed an order with a new contract. I ordered the 128gb Matt black 7+ and was told it would be around the 21st October before my phone arrived. I was happy to wait and was in no rush for the phone. Early Monday morning comes and I receive a call to say my phone was ready to collect, not even 24hrs after placing my order and my phone was ready.
What happened to waiting a month? I feel terrible as I know there are people who have been waiting quite a while.

Where's the 'I hate you' button
:p:p:p

Where's the 'I hate you' button
:p:p:p
Thanks Bootyman;)
I'm honestly not hear to rub it in anyone's face, I just thought it was odd that my phone came next day.
Maybe worth calling your local Car Phone Warehouse to see if they have any stock.

Thanks Bootyman;)
I'm honestly not hear to rub it in anyone's face, I just thought it was odd that my phone came next day.
Maybe worth calling your local Car Phone Warehouse to see if they have any stock.
Nah it's all good, I'm glad you've got one for yourself mate. :thumbsup:
I'm just gonna sit it out now & wait for mine from apple.

Just got a shipping notification from China

7+ 256 Jet Black

Original estimate 4-10 October

Will now deliver by 30 September

Last edited:
Just got a shopping notification from China

7+ 256 Jet Black

Original estimate 4-10 October

Will now deliver by 30 September

Don't hold your breath mate mine left China on the 23rd and is currently still in Amsterdam!! Had a delivery date of yesterday [emoji23][emoji23] but the crazy Dutch still have it!

Hey bootstrap, is yours on contract or sim free?

Congratulations on getting one btw.

IMG_1474980451.154780.jpg

Preparing for dispatch, yay

My 7+ 128GB matt black phone was down for October 4-10 delivery and was despatched on the 24th. UPS tracking says they're waiting for it to be released by customs. It's got an estimated delivery of tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm tempted to go Plus next year, all these photos of the Plus ad made me want one.....I'll bottle it and get another 4.7" knowing me though lol

I'm tempted to go Plus next year, all these photos of the Plus ad made me want one.....I'll bottle it and get another 4.7" knowing me though lol
I never thought I'd go plus, this is the first one for me. After playing about with one in store I just had to have the extra screen size

I genuinely couldn't go back to a non plus now.

I keep picking my wife's 7 up, and feels tiny compared to my 7+. I'm already comfortable with the +.

I genuinely couldn't go back to a non plus now.

I keep picking my wife's 7 up, and feels tiny compared to my 7+. I'm already comfortable with the +.
Exactly!

I've had a plus for the last 2 years and would never go back.

My Mrs has had a 4.7" in that time and when I pick it up it feels tiny. She's gone for a plus this year though for the extra battery life and bigger keyboard.

Exactly!

I've had a plus for the last 2 years and would never go back.

My Mrs has had a 4.7" in that time and when I pick it up it feels tiny. She's gone for a plus this year though for the extra battery life and bigger keyboard.
The increased battery life was definitely a consideration when deciding on the plus this time around

The increased battery life was definitely a consideration when deciding on the plus this time around
Yeah it's a big difference in capacity. I had the 6 for a couple of weeks before upgrading to to 6+ and the difference was amazing!

Also going plus for the first time...

I'm also going plus for the first time, bit dubious really but I'm sure I'll get used to it

I'm also going plus for the first time, bit dubious really but I'm sure I'll get used to it
You'll be fine mate. You'll get used to it within a few days.

Ok my 128GB Matte Black + went out for delivery this morning at 9:02,just got home from work & it has not come yet.
It has been on quite a journey China,Moscow,Amsterdam,Leipzig,Luton,Heathrow and Southampton.
Just arrived whilst typing this

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom