Iphone 6s plus sound quality

JamieBee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have had an iPhone 6 for a while and I have been really pleased with the sound quality as I play a lot of music out of the speaker and using earphones. I wanted a bigger / faster phone so I ordered a 6s plus. I started using it and playing the same songs out of it are 1) not as loud 2) the sound quality is not as good and 3) when you turn it right up to the max (should I have to though ?), it distorts a little. I have tried playing music from the Music app, from Amazon Music and from YouTube.

I contacted the company I bought it from (it was a refurb) and the person I was messaging said he had googled it and it is a common problem with the S models. Has anyone else experienced this ? Should I avoid the S models for this reason and maybe just for a 6 plus ?

Thanks

I think the 6 is the worst iPhone I've had for speaker sound. It's biggest problem is how quiet it is - through both the loud speaker as well as the headphones.

I think the 6 is the worst iPhone I've had for speaker sound. It's biggest problem is how quiet it is - through both the loud speaker as well as the headphones.

Really ? Mine sounds great and I am very fussy when things aren't right

I have a 6+ and a 6S+ and there's nothing wrong with the sound from either of them.
Most mobiles will distort at full volume.

The volume is nowhere near as loud on the 6s+ or as punchy as on the 6 as I listen to a lot of music on my 6. It has gone back for a refund.

Are you using the bog standard apple headphones, as I have no problem with the sound, not sure without headphones as I stream to my bose when no using headphones (Shure SE425's).

No I mean music direct from the speaker. The 6 was excellent and probably the best sound on any phone I have owned. The 6s plus was nowhere near as loud or punchy. I have just got a 6plus and I am back to having brilliant sound again so it is an issue with the S models. I am happy again now !

No, it was an issue with the particular one you had which was a refurb and for all you know could have had a fault.

There are various sites and forums on the net all referring to the S models having inferior sound quality

There are various sites and forums on the net all referring to the S models having inferior sound quality

The company you bought your refurbished iPhone 6+ from “Googled it” and gave you a convenient excuse rather than the hassle of taking it back and sending a replacement.
I can point you to various sites and trusted reviews that say the iPhone 6+ sound is superior to the 6.

Last edited:
I had already looked on the internet before I contacted them. They offered to repair it but I knew, by the sound of it, the next one would be the same so I chose to have a refund.

To clarify - the 6s plus sound quality was inferior. My 6 plus sound is great and exactly the same quality as my 6 was.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom