Question iPhone 6S Plus screen smashed!

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by streether1995, Apr 17, 2017.

1. streether1995

streether1995

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Help! I've dropped my iPhone 6S Plus, and the top right of the screen is smashed with smaller cracks elsewhere. Lucky that the phone is still completely operational, but need to get it replaced. Obviously I want it to be reputable, and for 3D Touch to work as well as it did out of the box, but Apple's quote of somewhere not of £150 seems unreasonable. Any tips of where I can get it done cheaper? Or horror stories of what to avoid?

Thanks!

2. eastsoutheast

eastsoutheast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    From experience I would only get it repaired at Apple. We use our phones daily and a cheap replacement will detract from its use in my experience - less responsive, de lamination, de-value.

3. BM08

BM08

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    As above pay for the experts at Apple to do it, you might be able to get it done cheaper somewhere else, but it may not work aswell and might be an inferior screen fitted. at least if you take it to Apple you'll know it'll have the exact same screen fitted and you won't be able to tell its been taken apart.

4. danieledge

danieledge
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would go to Apple. Some repair shop may charge you lower but you need to find it on your own :))

5. applegeek9

applegeek9
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you really don't want to pay apple prices i would recommend shoreditch macs. they are based in london but carry out repairs throughout the uk. they are a good price and they use genuine apple parts so repairs come with a guarantee