iPhone 6s Plus Car Holder

W90WBA

Need a new car holder for my 6s Plus, thought I'd create this thread to see what others are currently using

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Spigen stealth is good, especially for the plus as it works in landscape mode.

bransoj

Seem to remember a similar thread on here before when the 6 Plus was released, suspect if you search you will find it, and a lot of folk were going for these or the many eBay cheaper versions of :-

Kenu

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I tried the Kenu before the Spigen but it snapped my vent grill :(

W90WBA

Spigen stealth is good, especially for the plus as it works in landscape mode.
How do you find it using in landscape? I only ever usually use horizontal and usually opt for a Brodit holder

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
How do you find it using in landscape? I only ever usually use horizontal and usually opt for a Brodit holder
It works great in landscape but I don't have the plus, so it's annoying!

W90WBA

Will have a look in my car tomorrow see if theres a suitable place to possibly put the holder. Not a fan of those that go on the vent

W90WBA

I've had brodit for the last 3/4 phones I've had, usually around £40 but never had a single problem and phone has always felt very secure

W90WBA

Due to the layout of my car I can't use the Spigen holder so still on the market for something else

W90WBA

BMW 3 Series the below image is pretty much what mind looks like on the inside
bmw-4-series-coupe-2013-uk-interior.jpg

W90WBA

Yeah that's what I usually have tbf, just thought I'd see what else was available

Only issue is with having Plus not sure how easy it'd be having the phone to the right of the steering wheel

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Won't help you but I have my S6 edge down by the gearlever in my kuga , works great but then I am left handed ....

W90WBA

I usually prefer having it to the right of the steering well tbf, 1 as I'm right handed and 2 as it means my eyes are still on the road and quick glancing at my phone doesn't mean completely removing my eyes from the road

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
I have the same car and have been using a kenu airframe+ on the vent just to the left of the steering wheel. Seems sturdy enough and a good position to see it clearly.

PFMC84

That looks interesting. I have a 6 Plus and want to find a way of mounting it in my Mk6 Golf that isn't too low down and not attached/blocking one of the vents as I keep hearing horror stories of those Kenu Airframe ones breaking the vent slats. Do you have any pics of yours installed and in action? Can it be installed and then pivoted to have the phone facing the driver no matter the position? Is it easily turned from landscape to portrait? Does it feel sturdy and secure when holding the phone whilst driving over say speed bumps etc. where the whole car moves?

Lyn2012

When I am in the UK I use this mount and find it very good, asnearly as stable as a Brodit even over speed bumps and much better than the Kenu style mounts I have also tried. It can be installed and then pivoted, there is a ring you can easily loosen while it is installed that lets you swivel the phone to the exact angle you prefer, see below. I have had no problem when going over even the biggest speed bumps with my IP6 Plus and now the 6S Plus. I am abroad at the moment and driving a Citroen C4 which has the CD slot very low down making it difficult to see the screen and the road as well as my flip case interfering with the gear stick. This is why there is a Brodit mount installed as well - this only arrived yesterday. Hope this helps.
IMG_0089.jpg
IMG_0091.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg

PFMC84

It looks like it would work great, just that the part that goes into the CD player looks very small and would appear to not have much anchorage. It looks like it could come out very easily or fall forward with the weight of the phone on it. Perhaps it's just me, but that's how it seems!

Lyn2012

I assure you it is firmly secured in place and doesn't feel at all unsafe when holding my iPhone 6S Plus in a Vaja leather case. I have used it in 2 cars now and it has never come loose, either from the CD slot or the phone from the mount. In my opinion the mount itself is very solid and well made, not a flimsy piece of plastic like I was half expecting it to be. Anyway, here are some more photos, and of course if you buy from Amazon and aren't happy, you can always return it. I have tried every type of mount available, and for me the two that stand out from the crowd are the Brodit and this one.
IMG_0319.jpg
IMG_0320.jpg
IMG_0321.jpg

PFMC84

I've just ordered one so I will give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra smart phones
  • By Andy Bassett