iPhone 6s home button not working after screen replacement

jensw9

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a very strange problem on my iPhone 6s. My original screen broke so I replaced the screen. After the replacement the home button is not working, neither the clicking or touch id. I put back the original screen and the home button was working on the broken screen.

I tried 3 different 6s screens and on no one worked the home button, only on the original screen. The screens are bought from different sellers so they are not the same.

What could be the problem?

Why should I need an authentic screen you think? I replaced in the past 6s screens without problems.

The connection to the home button is not only sensitive but can easily make touch id inoperable. In my experience especially with non-authentic screens.

Is your touch id still working?

That is in my opinion without seeing the phone the root cause of the problem.

The original post is not clear. You should keep the home button from the original display and swap that in. If that does not work you possibly damaged the touch id ribbon or something during the attempts

The home button works fine on the original LCD. But when I plug the home button to the non OEM screen, the home button is not working. I tried 3 different non OEM screens from different sellers and on all the home button is not working.

I once sold an iPhone (it transpired it had a 3rd party screen) that was working fine until I updated it to the then latest iOS release.

It rendered the Touch ID inoperable.

The weird thing is that the click function does also not work and touch ID also does not work?

This has got such a good summary and explanation of the various possibilities it wouldn’t be worth it to retype it :)

I’ve experienced this as well when I did it myself and gave up after two screens and just let apple deal with it.

I have a cheap aftermarket screen in my i6 but retained the original button (because I'd read that fitting a new button will disable TouchID, as the button is digitally signed to that logic board) and it's been fine. I'm surprised your original button isn't working on any of the new screens

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom