For Sale iPhone 6S 64GB Space Grey

Discussion in 'Disputed/Problem Trades' started by DanielWilko, Feb 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DanielWilko

DanielWilko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi all,

Got an iPhone 6S 64GB Space Grey for sale. It is from original release and was my phone until I bought a OnePlus 6T a few months back. It's in good condition but does have a few marks on the back and side due to it being used for so long.

It has had a paid battery and screen replacement by Apple in 2018 around Aug/Oct/Sep (cant remember exact date). Battery Health is attatched.

EDIT - Sorry, I did forget to mention in the thread that it does come boxed with charger and usb cable but no headphones.

Will listen to offers and also collection if needed.

IMG_20190228_122554.jpg IMG_20190228_122558.jpg IMG_20190228_122610.jpg IMG_20190228_122629.jpg IMG_20190228_122638.jpg IMG_20190228_122643.jpg IMG_20190228_122647.jpg IMG_20190228_122653.jpg

Price and currency: 150
    Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
    Payment method: BT
    Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
    Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
    • Name and address including postcode
    • Valid e-mail address
    DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  2. bathfan

bathfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Would you take £140 delivered?

3. richolmes72

richolmes72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I’ll take at asking please

4. DanielWilko

DanielWilko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Sorry, I will have to accept the offer at asking below.

All yours.. moving to PM

5. DanielWilko

DanielWilko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Just to notify mods, buyer and I are in communication via messaging. It seems Royal Mail have not even attempted delivery. It was posted on 02/03/2019 via 1st Class Signed For and the tracking shows as 'We've got it'. I have tried to raise a claim but must wait 10 days before the item is considered lost. I will be able to do this on Friday 15th March.

6. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,152
    Please update this thread so it’s clear for all parties

7. DanielWilko

DanielWilko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I did so above. I also stated this was the first day I could officially make a Royal Mail claim.

Please see attached photo of proof of the start of claim. I will update as soon as I hear any response.

Attached Files:

8. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,152
    The buyer is perfectly within his rights to claim a refund from you today whilst you sort out the RM refund, he needn’t wait.

That said if you’ve agreed between yourselves to wait until the claim is sorted then fair enough but that can take 30 days

9. TheBlueBrazil

TheBlueBrazil

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +505
    I'm not involved and will take the punishment but that method of postage will only compensate up to £50 I think.

10. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,152
    No need to worry, that’s a very good shout and you are almost correct.

It will compensate goods, where the goods are valued at up to £50.00, a penny over and there is zero cover, and not the first £50.00 of a higher value item. The seller therefore will not get any money back from the Royal Mail

This should have been sent by RMSD to provide and consequently I’m making a judgement that @DanielWilko refunds the full amount paid now without delay and pursues RM although I suggest it will be futile.

Thanks

11. meatloaf

meatloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry for posting but I work in a post office and there are a few issues I can see here that would prevent a payout.

First, the PO clerk should've asked what in it and the value. If the customer had said mobile phone and £150 they would've recommended RMSD.

If the customer declines this and selects a different service with a lower level of insurance they should write CA ( meaning the clerk has advised the customer on the correct service to use for full cover ) on the receipt. If this has happened the claim will either be limited to £50, or dismissed entirely if more than £50 is claimed.

Also, any parcel with a lithium battery should have had a sticker on it indicating that its a higher risk item.

Royal mail do random checks and if a parcel was to be found to have a restricted or prohibited item inside then it is intercepted and sent to Ireland where it is impounded. If a claim is received its sent to Ireland and they check the parcels there.

This is the biggest cause of the Weve got it status on the tracking as its not updated until its delivered to the address on the parcel.

12. DanielWilko

DanielWilko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Seller has been refunded, I just wanted to make sure the claim was filed first as it's very unusual for Royal Mail to mess it up the way they have.

Attached Files:

13. DanielWilko

DanielWilko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59

The clerk never advised anything. She was half asleep to be perfectly honest. I am hoping it's an honest mistake and can be corrected. Thank you for the advice, I will obviously fight this with Royal Mail. There is no 'CA' on my receipt and as I say she never asked any questions. In future I will always use special delivery for anything like a phone or gadget etc. Thanks for the advice.

14. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,152
    Thank you!

May I ask a question if I send an item worth £51.00 and only choose Recorded not RMSD and neee to make a claim, can I still claim for up to £50.00 or claim nothing at all?

The last Postmaster or clerk I dealt with stated that an item over £50.00 wouldn’t be insured for the first £50.00 worth and I’d be liable for the full refund.

Cheers

15. rousetafarian

rousetafarian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,152
    Thank you, this speaks volumes about your integrity and character.

16. meatloaf

meatloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes that's correct, but it does depend on the clerk putting the correct value down as it defaults to 0 on the system.

Personally id advise giving the value as £20 for anything send standard post, £50 for signed for and whatever the value is up to £500 for special. It should say

We have to advise on the correct postal method and in this case the clerk should have advised special delivery and asked the value. If they had put the value in at £150 the only options to appear on the clerks screen would be services that had default insurance that covers it, in this case RMSD. If the buyer dosent want this they have to set the value at at 0 so it allows the other sevices to be selected. They then write CA on the receipt confirming they have advised the customer that if it goes astray the post office and royal mail wouldnt be liable. Its also the only proof thr cashier has that they have advised the customer.

As CA isn't on the receipt in this instance it will be limited to £50 and the customer could argue that they wernt advised of the options available.

It sounds like the clerk in this case didn't follow procedure. its still frsh in my head as ive not long been on a very intensive training course at one of the post offices counter trainining facilities. 2 days solid was spent on postal services.