iPhone 6 Screen Crack

chukwe

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My wife's iPhone 6 has a hair line screen crack. I've Applecare+ which I bought with the iPhone 6 release date almost 2 years ago.

First question, will Apple Genius bar charge me to repair or replace the iPhone 6?

Finally, will the iPhone 6 be repaired or replace at the Genius bar? The reason I'm asking because the iPhone is jailbreaked. So, I want to know my options if it's going to be replaced

According to iPhone Screen Damage - Official Apple Support

With AppleCare+
iPhone 6s Plus £ 79
iPhone 6s £ 79
iPhone 6 Plus £ 55
iPhone 6 £ 55
iPhone SE £ 55
iPhone 5s,
iPhone 5c, £55
iPhone 5

Without AppleCare+
iPhone 6s Plus £ 126.44
iPhone 6s £ 106.44
iPhone 6 Plus £ 106.44
iPhone 6 £ 86.44
iPhone SE £ 106.44
iPhone 5s,
iPhone 5c, £ 106.44
iPhone 5

A Jailbreak voids AppleCare so you may wish to remove it first.

Last edited:
My wife got charged £ 276 yesterday for a new screen to repair her iPhone 6s. It was at an official Apple shop.
She had dropped it and the glass was broken and LCD was inked black in the bottom corner. According to Apple's website it means there was 'Screen and additional damage'.
What can you do?:(

My wife got charged £ 276 yesterday for a new screen to repair her iPhone 6s. It was at an official Apple shop.
She had dropped it and the glass was broken and LCD was inked black in the bottom corner. According to Apple's website it means there was 'Screen and additional damage'.
What can you do?:(

Wow, that's a lot. Do you have applecare+?

Apple wanted to charge me over 200 pounds to basically glue the front face of my watch back on after it started to come off by itself. Yeah, ok. [emoji849]

No Applecare and no warranty. So it was for parts and labour and it took about an hour to repair.
It wasn't a Jailbreak either!

I thought all iPhones comes with a standard 1 year warranty. iPhone 6s is not up to 1 year

I thought all iPhones comes with a standard 1 year warranty. iPhone 6s is not up to 1 year
I suppose the warranty does not include being dropped. I don't know. But she said she was shown the price list in the shop. Actually she didn't want to tell me the cost. She said she could have almost bought new Samsung S6 instead!
It won't have been less than the website price and could have been more, but I didn't want to start WW3.:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom