iPhone 5S is outselling the iPhone 5C by 3 to 1 in the UK - news discussion

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
New market research shows that both handsets are doing good business for Apple in the UK but the flagship model is far more popular.

Have you got a 5C and what made you choose it over the 5S?

Arrghhhh!! I hate these annoying meaningless statistics "news" articles....

Big wow! Last years re-badged iPhone5 in plastic is selling less than newly released iPhone5S. What a surprise!!! People want the new tech rather than last years tech with a frankly feeble price reduction.

Not really rocket science is it?
:boring:

I have to say that if I was in the market for an iPhone or an iPhone owner, purely on looks and feel alone, I would go for the 5c. I find the 5s quite sharp on the edges with a cold feel, whereas the 5c has an altogether more tactile feel to it. I know the specs are better on the 5s but at the end of the day you have to like your purchase.

I have to say that if I was in the market for an iPhone or an iPhone owner, purely on looks and feel alone, I would go for the 5c. I find the 5s quite sharp on the edges with a cold feel, whereas the 5c has an altogether more tactile feel to it. I know the specs are better on the 5s but at the end of the day you have to like your purchase.

Good answer.
Most everyday users will not even notice the difference in speed between the two. I have an iPhone 5 and have used the 5S at the apple store and to be honest cannot see any difference in speed at all. I guess you probably would notice it when playing some hi res games.

I had the 4s and then went over to the darkside (S4) now going back to Apple as prefer IOS to Android and have ordered a 5c, can't justify the price of 5s and i am sure the 5c will be much better the the 4s I had previously.
The 5c will be passed on to my wife or daughter like I have done with the 4 & 4s, as soon as Apple launch the 6 or whatever it's called.

I got the 5s, as I wanted the newest phone, but I have to say the 5c does feel much, much better in the hand than it looks. The 5s feels more posh, but the 5c does feel better imo

I'm getting my wife a 5C for Christmas. In truth the 8GB 4S will do everything (and more) that she wants but I think the 5C looks great and worth the extra over the 4S.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom