Not open for further replies.

JamesS

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Cheshire
For Spares/Repair:

Iphone 5s 32gb in gold for spares and repair phone does boot up and work but battery very poor and screen locks at times. Phone overall in good nick no major knocks or dints, touch id etc works fine.

Phone only no box etc comes with it.

£40 inc RM recorded (BT or paypal ok on this)

Found case to phone so this is included.

Pice and currency: £40
Delivery: Delivery cost is included within my country
Payment method: BT or Paypal
Advertised elsewhere?: Not advertised elsewhere
Prefer goods collected?: I have no preference

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Attachments

Last edited:

JamesS

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Reaction score
Cheshire
£20 offered here
Thanks for the offer, but recycle will give more, I only popped it on here see if it was any good for someone, it has been used as a back up phone so always handy have in the car etc if you need one etc.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Reaction score
London
Thanks, completely understand, but I'm at my limit. Cheers. :)

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Reaction score
Birmingham
I’ll also offer £30 but happy for you to send 2nd class signed for which should be a good bit cheaper than RM recorded I’d imagine?

No worries if not but I literally want it for ‘nest alerts’ during the night!

JamesS

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Reaction score
Cheshire
I’ll also offer £30 but happy for you to send 2nd class signed for which should be a good bit cheaper than RM recorded I’d imagine?

No worries if not but I literally want it for ‘nest alerts’ during the night!
Ok happy deal at that, think should be under £3 RM signed 2nd class, as long as you are happy with that will fly PM over to you, thanks.

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Reaction score
Birmingham
A quick update...

Phone received and cosmetically as described.

However it's impossible to do anything with the actual phone as the top half of the screen doesn't respond to touch at all and the bottom half works for the odd touch and then goes crazy and inputs 20/30 characters if trying to submit a password etc.

I've tried numerous times now and its impossible to get past the language select / wifi set up screen.

I appreciate its been listed as spares/repairs but had it mentioned the screen being as it is and the phone totally unusable I certainly wouldn't of purchased it as its no good for my use. Coincidently I can't turn the phone off due to the above and so its been on for over 12 hours and the batteries still showing as full!!

I'm 99.9% sure the seller and I will resolve this between us as we are already in talks so just for an update on thread really.

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Reaction score
Birmingham
Just had a reply from the seller and he doesn't wish to refund as requested stating it was sold as spares/repairs however failed to mention the screen doesn't actually work and you can't get past the set up screen.

I explained to him via PM and mentioned on here I wanted to install the ring app on the phone to get alerts but I can't do this as I can't even use the phone. Had it said in the advert the screen didn't work at all then I wouldn't of bothered purchasing the phone as I certainly didn't envisage having to replace the screen.

The seller has suggested I try and sell the phone to musicmagpie etc but I'm not really prepared to mess about doing this and would rather just have a refund and the seller can do as they wish with the phone!

Please can this be moved to disputes - certainly something I didn't expect!!

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
This is always going to be a difficult one to moderate I'm afraid. As the buyer @Arcam_boy ideally you should have ensured it met your specific requirements and if that involved a functioning screen then highlighted this element.

Conversely the seller @JamesS , as has happened in other adverts for 'spare/repair only' type sales could have mentioned the totally non-functioning screen, but he didn't. However he did mention occasional screen locking which implies a problematic screen.

As you are both well versed with the classifieds and Mods expectations I am willing to let you both think about this for 24 hours and try to reach an amicable decision between yourselves in this thread.

However I have to adjudicate this and clearly my decision will upset one party or another (my mind has been made up already just so you know)

Thanks

JamesS

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Reaction score
Cheshire
My offer to the buyer of going recycle was i feel a fair one as quite a few sellers would have not even gone that far, sorry to say it seems that the only way to settle this now is via a hard working mod which does upset me some but that seems the only option open now, thanks.

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Reaction score
Birmingham
@rousetafarian

The description says 'poor battery' which is absolutely fine for my needs as it was going to be plugged in at all times and just used as an alert at nights which I mention in post 10.

He also says the screen locks at times which again is fine as it would of still allowed me to at least set up the phone and use it and I'd maybe expect the odd time for it to lock/freeze but the screen is completely knackered by the fact it doesn't register touch etc which isn't what the description says and the phone requires a complete new screen!

However the phone I've received the screen is pretty much knackered and you can't even set the phone up to use or select anything so the phone does not do what I want at all or meet my needs or match the description. If it stated in the advert that the top 50% of the screen didn't respond to touch and the bottom half did less than 50% of the time and it would most certainly require a replacement screen then I wouldn't of touched the phone.

I mentioned on here and in our PM what I intended to use the phone for and at no stage did the seller suggest that I'd have trouble doing the very basic thing I required and the phone does infact require a new screen.

Its only worth £13 on musicmagpic and Apple won't even entertain it.

So as I stated the phone is NOT as described and requires a new screen to even make it usable which has never been mentioned. (I can provide videos if required) and if it was I wouldn't of purchased the phone!

I'm not prepared to mess about sending it to musicmagpic etc myself I just want a cheap phone to use as stated and have requested a full refund for the phone and will return it to the seller.

Why would a seller not go that far when quite clearly you have misdescribed your item and now refusing to give a refund? If you told me via PM or in the advert that you can't even set the phone up and it'd require a new screen then I'd of never even bought it!

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW
The Trading rules that you’ve both read and understood state;

Item description

• Outline the full ownership and usage history, including repairs
  • Be honest: describe the functionality and aesthetic condition of the item as accurately as possible
  • Post clear photographs of the item
  • Consider taking a video to show an item is working at time of sale, especially if posting a high value item

Point 2:

The functionality wasn't explained in relation to the screen not being operable (which may have been an oversight), in my view it is reasonable to expect the screen at least being ‘semi-functional’ as a mobile and not be needed to be replaced.

The screen is a fundamentally a key component and as its entirely unusable, therefore my decision is that the seller needs to refund the buyer the price paid plus the return insured carriage. Once received the buyer sends everything back.

rousetafarian

Rating - 100%
140   0   0
Reaction score
NW

JamesS

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Reaction score
Cheshire
The full purchase price has been refunded to the buyer. The short delay in sending the same is due to a personal issue which is still on going and details have been passed to Aspilon to confirm. I have no wish for the phone to be returned to me but please let a charity gain from it. I suggest the buyer sends to recycle and whatever return is gained the proceeds are forwarded to a named charity of the buyers choice. I have little time as it is at present but I do find the buyers attitude to getting refunded a sledge hammer/nut situation, I did promise the buyer that I would stand on any mods decision and that in my eyes should be more than enough, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.