• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPhone 5 terrible wifi

plant

Returned an iPhone 5 today to apple as the wifi signal was awful! I would have to be in the same room as the router To get a wifi signal.
Apple swapped it out today for a new handset and it seems I have the same issue again! I am currently sat in our rear lounge, approximately 7 meters away from our router located in our front lounge. I have my iPad mini, iPhone 4S and new iPad in front of me along with this replacement iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 is on 3G with all the other devices showing full wifi.:(
Are all iPhone 5's this crap when it comes to wifi or do I have another faulty handset? :(

Ben3110

Mines the same mate, was trying to enjoy a spot of web browsing whilst pooping in the next room (the bathroom) and there was no signal, bad form for a £500 phone

bransoj

eugenerudenko said:
Have you checked the router? (know sounds a bit silly-tech-support, but nevertheless)

Worth a go. I had problems with my apple stuff when my sky router was set to WPA2 security. Changed it to wep and its loads better.

plant

Worth a go. I had problems with my apple stuff when my sky router was set to WPA2 security. Changed it to wep and its loads better.

You do realise that you have dropped your security by changing it to WEP?

I have solved my problem!! I had a carbon skin on the rear that I switched to my new phone when I got it. Anyway. I removed the skin yesterday and BANG... Full wifi!! It must have been sucking the life out of my wifi antenna!! It actually did me a favour as it got me a brand new replacement handset:rotfl:

bransoj

plant said:
You do realise that you have dropped your security by changing it to WEP?

I have solved my problem!! I had a carbon skin on the rear that I switched to my new phone when I got it. Anyway. I removed the skin yesterday and BANG... Full wifi!! It must have been sucking the life out of my wifi antenna!! It actually did me a favour as it got me a brand new replacement handset:rotfl:

I know but the password isn't the default one and is a string password. Whilst not perfect it's better than nothing at all. I've tried all sorts from different channels to the router in different places and the only thing that's sorted it is using wep. I had issues on my 3GS using the wifi at the in laws as well when that was wpa so no idea what it is.

irenelin

Standard Member
The same with my ipad, when i turn the wifi off then turn it on a few minutes late, it will be ok. But i need always do it, it makes me craze.

roxyskinflint

my wifi is terrible in the house, i get the first bar of wifi and thats if im stood next to the router, if im upstairs its faster to use my 3G, good job i get unlimited data, my laptop is fine, worth a swap??

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom