iPhone 4S with iCloud

BarryMcKelvey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

As per TV ad:

When I take photos or download music on my iPhone 4S they dont appear on my iMac until its sync'd with my iPhone 4S. What have i done wrong or setup incorrectly?

Thanks

Baz

Hmm, I know what you're getting at. I mean my stuff works (Have 2 iPhones, one iPad and one Mac) and doesn't need any interference from me to get it to work as it should, just sometimes it takes a bit of time that's all. For example, the other day I took a batch of photo's on my phone in my living room, walked to my Mac in the bedroom and it was all there in Photostream, but then today I took some photos and almost 2 hours later I got home and they weren't there, but an hour after that had appeared.

However, anything I download via the phone's or iPad, are always immediately downloaded on my Mac without fail. The bookmarking between the phone's and the iPad works a treat as well.

As MikeCleal said sometimes it can take a bit of time.

Other than that check on your iMac that you have:

1) enabled Photo Stream on your iMac's System Preferences > iCloud

2) iTunes set to automatically download purchases in iTunes > Preferences > Store

Made the mistake of renting an iTunes film on my phone, thinking it would also be on the iPad, no joy.
It obviously doesn't work for movies.

Hi

I will have to check the settings on my iMac on Tuesday evening when I get back home.

Baz

You did not mention what version of iPhoto you have. I think it's iPhoto '11 that has the Photo Stream feature.

You did not mention what version of iPhoto you have. I think it's iPhoto '11 that has the Photo Stream feature.

Hi

I do have iPhoto 11.

Baz

Hi

Now that I'm back home, Ive resolved my problem. Photo Stream hadn't been enabled on iPhoto :face palm:.

Baz

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom