Quantcast

iPhone 4S with iCloud

hybridtheory

Hi

As per TV ad:

When I take photos or download music on my iPhone 4S they dont appear on my iMac until its sync'd with my iPhone 4S. What have i done wrong or setup incorrectly?

Thanks

Baz

hybridtheory

MC77

Hmm, I know what you're getting at. I mean my stuff works (Have 2 iPhones, one iPad and one Mac) and doesn't need any interference from me to get it to work as it should, just sometimes it takes a bit of time that's all. For example, the other day I took a batch of photo's on my phone in my living room, walked to my Mac in the bedroom and it was all there in Photostream, but then today I took some photos and almost 2 hours later I got home and they weren't there, but an hour after that had appeared.

However, anything I download via the phone's or iPad, are always immediately downloaded on my Mac without fail. The bookmarking between the phone's and the iPad works a treat as well.

gkpm

Novice Member
As MikeCleal said sometimes it can take a bit of time.

Other than that check on your iMac that you have:

1) enabled Photo Stream on your iMac's System Preferences > iCloud

2) iTunes set to automatically download purchases in iTunes > Preferences > Store

Kev12

Made the mistake of renting an iTunes film on my phone, thinking it would also be on the iPad, no joy.
It obviously doesn't work for movies.

hybridtheory

Hi

I will have to check the settings on my iMac on Tuesday evening when I get back home.

Baz

bukem

You did not mention what version of iPhoto you have. I think it's iPhoto '11 that has the Photo Stream feature.

hybridtheory

You did not mention what version of iPhoto you have. I think it's iPhoto '11 that has the Photo Stream feature.
Hi

I do have iPhoto 11.

Baz

hybridtheory

Hi

Now that I'm back home, Ive resolved my problem. Photo Stream hadn't been enabled on iPhoto :face palm:.

Baz