Iphone 4S cracked screen

danindarlo

Novice Member
Reaction score
fell out of my pocket at work, picked it up and the screen was all smashed up :(

all the touchscreen still works, Ive been reading a few threads about the screens, just wanting to know if you guys think i should book a appointment with apple and see what they say (hoping for a freebie ;) )

if not are there any cheap ways of making the repair i dont really want to do it myself cos i know ill mess it up haha

all comments welcome

many thanks

I did the same on mine the day before i was to do a presentation at the Apple Store in Glasgow a few months ago. I just went to a local Glasgow repair shop and they fitted new glass for me in 1hr. Cost around £60 from memory including screen protector supplied with repair.

Apple will give you a replacement iPhone 4s for 125 pounds. Might be 135.

That's what they did for me, restored from iCloud in store to get my contacts back. In and out in 10 minutes.

My fiancée smashed her iPhone 4 screen, I brought a new on off eBay for £29.99 and it come with the tools etc, and back glass and fitted it in 30 mins, works perfectly.

And it's now white! Before it was black, so she is happy.

You can get replacement front screen for about £20 for the 4s from eBay which comes with the tools to it.

Your warranty will be void if you fix it yourself.

Yes that's right but if your out of warranty, like hers was its cheap fix.

Big_Si_Owen said:
I shall watch this thread with interest. I did similar on my 4 this week only it was the back which is smashed :-(

You can get the back glass for about a fiver on eBay, it's as simple as removing two screws from the bottom of the phone, sliding the old back off, then sliding the new one on, this also doesn't void your warranty.

Well will still have to pay over the odds for it to be fixed either way, for only a couple of months warranty left, I think it's the best option.

My fiancée smashed her iPhone 4 screen, I brought a new on off eBay for £29.99 and it come with the tools etc, and back glass and fitted it in 30 mins, works perfectly.

And it's now white! Before it was black, so she is happy.

You can get replacement front screen for about £20 for the 4s from eBay which comes with the tools to it.

I found this guide on ifixit and it seems replacing the front display/digitiser is very intricate and long winded , virtually taking the whole phone apart from the rear to get to it:

Installing iPhone 4 Display Assembly - iFixit

Did you use this guide ? Is it as difficult and as risky as it seems ? Thanks in advance.

I used a tut on YouTube, the screws are small and fiddly, but I'm good with things like that anyway.

It isn't risky if you dont go heavy handed, just take your time and it will be fine.

I used a tut on YouTube, the screws are small and fiddly, but I'm good with things like that anyway.

It isn't risky if you dont go heavy handed, just take your time and it will be fine.

In the video I saw on youtube , the white conversion still had a black home button. Did you manage to change the home button on yours to white ?

tausifs said:
In the video I saw on youtube , the white conversion still had a black home button. Did you manage to change the home button on yours to white ?

Yes the kit I brought come with a home button, it's a simple ribbon cable that slips into the board inside.

tausifs said:
And you didn't need any other tools, than those provided in the kit , correct ?

That is correct.

that has happened to me twice, and both times they said they wouldn't give me a new phone and instead I would have to repair it out of pocket. I recommend that you put a film on it because the cracked screen will get worse and it can cut your ear up

Be careful buying cheap crappy screens on ebay, I made this mistake before - waste of money and time. I bought an OEM iPhone 4S screen/digitiser from iPhonefixed http://http://www.iphonefixed.co.uk/uk/en/iphone-parts/. It came with the ole phobic coating on the glass and although expensive around £80, what a difference in quality. Anyway, I couldn't fit it so I called them and they said they would fit it for an additional £15. Had it back in 2 days, excellent job.

Hmm..3 posts, all related to iphone hardware issues , 2 with links to the same website!!

Spamtastic!!

Spamtastic!? Just very happy with the service I received from this businesses. Very disapointed with may others, nothing more or less. I have posted under a different Id on other gadget s etc but my old id aki was hijacked so hence the new one set up today. I apologise if it does seem unusual.

Be careful buying cheap crappy screens on ebay, I made this mistake before - waste of money and time. I bought an OEM iPhone 4S screen/digitiser from iPhonefixed http://http://www.iphonefixed.co.uk/uk/en/iphone-parts/. It came with the ole phobic coating on the glass and although expensive around £80, what a difference in quality. Anyway, I couldn't fit it so I called them and they said they would fit it for an additional £15. Had it back in 2 days, excellent job.

At those prices you might as well get the real thing from Apple.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom