iPhone 4S battery

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by streether1995, Jan 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. streether1995

streether1995

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi guys,

Just wanted your opinion on this. I've had my iPhone 4S 16gb as a new refurb from about Feb/March 2012. In the last few months, the battery has worn down more and more, jumping about. I used to find it would turn off after I got to about 20% or less battery, but yesterday it turned off at 30%. It all depends what I'm doing with it. If it's just sitting there it'll happily go right down to 1%, but if I'm doing something power hungry, like playing a game, making a video call etc. it'll drop at 20 or 30. I've been thinking about upgrading to a Nexus 5 anyway, so my question is, do you think it's worth trying to replace the battery on the iPhone and milk it further, or just sell it and get the Nexus? Also, with the battery problem and a small crack on the back in the top left corner, how much do you think I'd be looking at getting?

2. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,049
    The advice seems to be: To calibrate the battery do the following
    Charge iPhone fully (Do Not Use While Charging), use phone until it shuts its self off, fully charge again (Do Not Use While Charging), do a warm reboot (hold on/off & home buttons until apple logo appears).

3. streether1995

streether1995

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks, I'll try that.