iPhone 4 Yellow / Warm tint

dx4100

Hi All

My wife as just got a iPhone 4 and the screen is every much "warmer" / "yellow" than my 3GS.

Is this actually a fault ?

Cheers

SHATNERSTACTIC

Hi All

My wife as just got a iPhone 4 and the screen is every much "warmer" / "yellow" than my 3GS.

Is this actually a fault ?

Cheers

My iPhone 4 (and my previous 3GS) have/had a neutral, bordering on cool colour temperature (tending more to blue than yellow). Apple often often source screens from different manufacturers in their products so you will find variance. If it's not to your liking, I'm sure genius bar will do a straight swap on a brand new unit. You could also compare a couple in store to see if yours is unusually warm.

Flashy

Distinguished Member
There were also reports of the glue used in the iPhone 4 screens leaving yellow marks and blotches, so could be related. Apparently, that problem sorts itself out in a little bit of time anyway.

Trip to an Apple store might be the best option if there's one nearby. Just remember to wear your blinkers and lock your wallet, as you're bound to want something else once you get in there.

dx4100

It is certainly nothing dramatic and nothing like streaks or blotches...

I think we will compare it in town on Saturday. You only notice the faint yellow if I compare it to my iPad 2 and 3GS. Other than that you probably would never notice.

I would say my 3GS has a blue tint when compared.

I am probably being overly picky but with Apple recent QA issues you start looking for these things now :)

paulm34

When I got my 3GS replaced by apple it had yellow Tint .I rang apple up and complained to apple on the phone and they replaced it with a nice crisp White one (well blue one) I hated the yellow tint it looked like it had been tobacco stained. Oh and a £40 spend on the apple store for the problem

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom