• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Iphone 4 vodafone [tariff & handset prices confirmed]

louisf1819

Standard Member
Nah the prices have changed man to that of the test page we have all seen.

The phone price for each tariff have gone up by £29, theres me thinkin i was going to get the phone for £89 on the £35pm :(

RajP

Distinguished Member
Is it still not just cheaper to buy the phone outright for £499 and then get the 12 Month Simplicity sim or eqv from Voda at £20 per month?? Over the 18 month period it may be £20 more expensive but you have the option of being contract free???

Is it still not just cheaper to buy the phone outright for £499 and then get the 12 Month Simplicity sim or eqv from Voda at £20 per month?? Over the 18 month period it may be £20 more expensive but you have the option of being contract free???

Exactly, there's not a massive incentive to tie yourself into a long-term contract at the moment!

rd6821

Standard Member
Seems like Orange are being undercut a bit!On an 18mth The 32GB handset is £50 cheaper than Orange on a £35 tariff!!!

Last edited:

OrigamiNinja

Exactly, there's not a massive incentive to tie yourself into a long-term contract at the moment!

This is what I find really odd. In the past I have always gone for a contract phone because there always appeared to be a clear incentive to do so. On this occasion I have no interest in signing up to a contract as they appear to be a complete rip off in comparison to the sim free prices.

andythescientis

My calculations based on 2yrs deals around the £30 mark suggest over the 2 years it's just over a pound a month cheaper to buy the 16gb handset out right and do the £15 simplicity 12 month deals.

Basically from what i can see over the 2 yrs nearly all the deals are near identical in cost (well o2 is 40p per month dearer). Will be interesting to see what three does, but it looks like the question is pay upfront and get a unlocked phone, or tie into a contract and pay in instalments.

It looks to me that all the networks feel like they have been forced to get the iphone to compete but actually don't want to compete for the business so have all just stuck up the same deal, probably because the bulk of the profit on these phones is going to apple, this time round, as apple have shown they don't need any particular carrier support to make a bomb off these things..

invu2day

I find it does work out cheaper if you go thru quidco with £20 sim only plan as you get back £100 cashback so you're £80 better off over the 24 months. Plus after 12 months your free to sell and buy the newer iphone next June and not worry about having to buy out the remainder of your contract if you want the next iphone.

beckford

My calculations based on 2yrs deals around the £30 mark suggest over the 2 years it's just over a pound a month cheaper to buy the 16gb handset out right and do the £15 simplicity 12 month deals.

Basically from what i can see over the 2 yrs nearly all the deals are near identical in cost (well o2 is 40p per month dearer). Will be interesting to see what three does, but it looks like the question is pay upfront and get a unlocked phone, or tie into a contract and pay in instalments.

It looks to me that all the networks feel like they have been forced to get the iphone to compete but actually don't want to compete for the business so have all just stuck up the same deal, probably because the bulk of the profit on these phones is going to apple, this time round, as apple have shown they don't need any particular carrier support to make a bomb off these things..

Don't forget that quidco cash back on voda was £100 or so, so sim free is the best option IMO

Steven

Senior Moderator
£700 for the privilege of iPhone 4.1 if it happens? Far be it from me to question the appetite for moving on from substantial outlays

singo79

Standard Member
I find it does work out cheaper if you go thru quidco with £20 sim only plan as you get back £100 cashback so you're £80 better off over the 24 months. Plus after 12 months your free to sell and buy the newer iphone next June and not worry about having to buy out the remainder of your contract if you want the next iphone.

:thumbsup: That's the deal I've been looking at, sim-free through quidco. Just waiting to hear when the white 32GBs will be available!! :lease:

andythescientis

Don't forget that quidco cash back on voda was £100 or so, so sim free is the best option IMO

Yeh mind you if you stuck for 2 years the O2 simplicity 15 is still better, although you could ofc do the Voda 20 for 12 months and get you 100quid then move again to a cheaper deal for the second year.. maybe to O2 and get another 60 quid cashback lol.

mrash

Wait for 3 and tesco to announce their prices... I think the Tesco 12 month contract will be identicle to buying it sim free and going on the simplicity tariff.

eximo

This is what I find really odd. In the past I have always gone for a contract phone because there always appeared to be a clear incentive to do so. On this occasion I have no interest in signing up to a contract as they appear to be a complete rip off in comparison to the sim free prices.

Just depends if you have the cash to pay for it outright. The contract just offsets the cost monthly with a bit of interest. Same as any finance really

mrash

Just depends if you have the cash to pay for it outright. The contract just offsets the cost monthly with a bit of interest. Same as any finance really

Well, I will buy mine using my Virgin CC, 9 months interest free, £55 a month, plus £15 a month for simplicity, but still works out better than going on a 2 year contract.

djcla

Distinguished Member
i was going to send my 3g back but it would nice to see the payand go prices form one of the carriers this is a joke.. Why would a pay £300 for the phone and £30 a month for 18 months im not crazy :(

eximo

Just had an email from Vodafone saying you can order online from 7am. Might go get my PAC code from o2 to keep my options open.

Zain

Just had an email from Vodafone saying you can order online from 7am. Might go get my PAC code from o2 to keep my options open.

Here's some exciting news - you'll be able to order your iPhone 4 at Vodafone on Thursday from 7am. And don't worry, we'll send you a reminder email to let you know when you can order online, in store or over the phone on 08080 022 003. Don't forget that if you want to bring your phone number to Vodafone you'll need a valid PAC code from your current supplier.

Jat1

Standard Member
They haven't confirmed when we will receive the handsets though for online/ phone customers ordering tomorrow...hopefully get them Friday, if not looks like mid July...

eximo

Just spoke with them and they said i could order now and get the phone friday but i dont have my PAC code yet from o2 so would have a new number

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom