iphone 4 'soundboard' failed to install

mason

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Been having a wee problem with my iphone 4.

When on a call, I can hear the person on the other side but they cant hear me. If I use the headphone earpeice set that you get with the phone- the call is ok (I can hear them and they can hear me). When I use the phone for a call using the speaker phone, then the call is fine also.

I have just got round to installing IOS 5, thinking that this may fix the problem... but it hasnt.

When restoring the phone- a message came up whilst syncing saying 'Soundboard' failed to install. Im wondering if this has anything to do the problem I have.

Has anyone experienced this before??

The phone is just out of warranty- and my new iphone 4s 64G will be delivered on Monday.... So I suppose its not that much of a hastle.. but I would obviously like to fix it and sell it on :)

any help guys? thanks in advance

mason

A soundboard is normally an app with buttons that lets you make noises/phases like a cartoon character!

I would suggest the mic is broken but it's odd that it works on speakerphone.

The whole bottom assembly can be replaced for about £5 of parts. This gives you a new speaker, mic and dock connector. I'd try that first.

UEF

Thanks for the reply mate. Ill have a search and try and find the part you say.

Im not really good with these things..... would it just be a case of unscrewing the bottom two star screws and then it will just 'unplug' for the new part to 'plug in'... so too speak.

Im currently just loading up my new 4s 64g that arrived just 30mins ago :thumbsup:

I believe it involves unscrewing the bottom, using a suction cup to seperate the back from the front of the iphone, removing some parts temporarily then swapping it out. There are iphone tool kits on ebay and also videos on youtube explainign the process and it's not too hard at all

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom