iPhone 4 Screen Flicker Problem?

RockSteddie

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a slight flicker when scrolling from the 2nd apps page back to the Home screen? Mine does and it's very distracting and I've a feeling it's not meant to happen. Didn't happen on my 3GS and my mate's iPhone4 doesn't suffer either. And to top it all I have the dreaded yelllow spots, though they may fade over time supposedly :confused:.

Won't even be able to take it back for a replacement for a while I guess due to stock shortages :rolleyes:

Has anyone else noticed a slight flicker when scrolling from the 2nd apps page back to the Home screen? Mine does and it's very distracting and I've a feeling it's not meant to happen. Didn't happen on my 3GS and my mate's iPhone4 doesn't suffer either. And to top it all I have the dreaded yelllow spots, though they may fade over time supposedly :confused:.

Won't even be able to take it back for a replacement for a while I guess due to stock shortages :rolleyes:

i noticed this problem in apples store on there demo models but i dont know if its the software version 4 or the phone 4 anyone noticed thios on a 3gs with version 4 software

Last edited:
i noticed this problem in apples store on there demo models but i dont know if its the software version 4 or the phone 4 anyone noticed thios on a 3gs with version 4 software

Yeah me, I updated to IOS4 on my 3GS and no flicker. So am I right in thinking it's not meant to happen?
I can't check with my friends phone until this evening.

Just tried 4 demo models and 2 different shops and they all flicker when u go to the home screen from left to right but if u use the home button it does not do it or if you go to the third screen of apps it does not do it

and if the problem is not on the iso4 software then this is another fault with the new iPhones Jesus what's going on I am standing here able to get 2 but hs is puting me right off

No flicker on my iPhone 4. I guess I'm blessed. No yellow screen, no flicker, no reception issues nothing but a grade A product.

Mine does this, however I never noticed it until I read this thread :S

No flicker on my iPhone 4. I guess I'm blessed. No yellow screen, no flicker, no reception issues nothing but a grade A product.
snap. I feel for those that have the problems though

Mine does this but as said above, I never noticed until someone pointed it out

not a biggy

Nope it happens with the big wave shot also, in fact it happens with them all

Last edited:
Ive tried it with the Raindrop wallpaper and without and mine is fine.

It's not that noticeable at all....certainly wouldn't be storming back to the Apple store for a refund anyway! lol

Just tried the rain drop wallpaper as I replaced it as soon as I got my phone. Still no flicker.:blush:

It's not the point it should not be doing it full stop

Sorry for making people notice this :rolleyes:

It's just I pick things up like this very quickly and it stood out to me straight away . Anyway as people say it's not a big issue and it's not something I would return the phone for unless it was oficially recognised as a fault by Apple or something.

The yellow spots are more of an issue for me but I know if they don't fade as suggested (don't seem to have after a day and a bit's use) that Apple would replace the handset without argument as it's clearly a fault with the screen.

Last edited:
Have you tried turning the auto-brightness off?

I turned it off straight away as the screen was far too dull for my liking!

Settings>Brightness>Auto Brightness - OFF

yep...it certainly does this...

not an issue though...didn't really notice it till i read this post...

mine is a 32GB one...

All LCDs flicker so if you are not seeing you are just not as sensitive to it as others. A good solution is to turn the brightness up a notch. Having it at low light will highlight the flicker more.

Hope this helps.

Tried all the brightness settings and still the same and that's on 5 demo models

the thing is to only happens once at that's when u swip to the home screen. Even using the home button does not do it so it must be a firmware problem but as I don't own one yet it would be best for owners who have this problem to report it to apple just in case.

Stop Hold up !! I know what is the problem :)

The only reason were getting that sort of "flicker" is because the page sort of goes a tiny bit into the left screen which is the spotlight page....therefore it thinks the page is away to get dark...but no it doesn't as it's pinged back to the normal first page (this only happens in like a millisecond)

If you sort of slide to the left a bit from the first page to the spotlight search you will see the screen sort of goes dark, let it go and it brightens up again

that could be the flicker everyone is thinking they have ????

its possable i will try to do it real slow and see if it stops it but why does the 3gs not do this ?

a strange one

Stop Hold up !! I know what is the problem :)

The only reason were getting that sort of "flicker" is because the page sort of goes a tiny bit into the left screen which is the spotlight page....therefore it thinks the page is away to get dark...but no it doesn't as it's pinged back to the normal first page (this only happens in like a millisecond)

If you sort of slide to the left a bit from the first page to the spotlight search you will see the screen sort of goes dark, let it go and it brightens up again

that could be the flicker everyone is thinking they have ????

that's the only flicker I've ever seen but it's not a flicker as such and simply the wallpaper fades to a dark background when you scroll towards Spotlight. This is a new effect added now that Apple support custom wallpapers, prior to this the background was black anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom