iPhone 4 prepared for dispatch/dispatched

bprentice2010

Established Member
Reaction score
A lot of Americans are reporting that there iPhones have been prepared for dispatch. Are there any uk orders that have been prepared dispatch or been dispatched?

Nothing has changed on both my orders. Still eta 24th June. I can also still edit the shipping address.

Anyway even if they do Apple will have an agreement with the carrier to hold all deliveries until release day.

Anyway even if they do Apple will have an agreement with the carrier to hold all deliveries until release day.

I preordered an ipad and this came the day before release day as did thousands of others. Apple had 2 carriers delivering the ipad but it was still to much of a work load to get them all delivered in 1 day.

Is this why some people maybe got their iPad a day earlier?

Wonder if this will happen with the phone lol

Last edited:
I preordered an ipad and this came the day before release day as did thousands of others. Apple had 2 carriers delivering the ipad but it was still to much of a work load to get them all delivered in 1 day.

oh that's not good ... I have working from home day on Thursday but not wednesday!!!!

i may be very wrong but surely the fact that america is about 100 times the size of the uk means that orders will have to be prepared and sent earlier to get them all delivered on time?

When iPad was launched people were receiving dispatch notifications a week before launch.

They do ship it from China. When I ordered the first alu MB (now sold on) Apple emailed me well in advance

Yes, but the difference with the iPad was that it was already old hat in the States, but when it first shipped there they instructed the carriers to hold it until the appointed day. It will arrive on the day both sides of the water, I would bet my life on that. However, we will probably steal a little bit of thunder from the Yanks due to the time difference.

With the previous releases (iPhone 3GS and iPad) people were getting dispatched notifications, but what was happening was they were getting delivered through the chain right up to the local dispatch offices, then being held there until release day. Only one or two actually made it out early.

With the previous releases (iPhone 3GS and iPad) people were getting dispatched notifications, but what was happening was they were getting delivered through the chain right up to the local dispatch offices, then being held there until release day. Only one or two actually made it out early.

Not true. Most iPads made it out a day early in the UK because the couriers specifically asked Apple to. They were concerned with the volume and with the release day being Friday before a public holiday weekend, they didn't want to risk an angry mob of people bashing down the depot doors.

You are right that the dispatch notifications went out early and that created confusion. Additionally some units were being sent from China (TNT international), some from within the UK (TNT UK), and some from Holland if I remember correctly (UPS). But all were co-ordinated to deliver one day early on the Thursday, with the few "failed" courier mess-ups resulting in a few on Friday.

Clearly Apple have learnt that Thursday is a better release day to allow for mess-ups and avoid unhappy people over the weekend.

Nothing happening here either, 'Not Yet Shipped' and no credit card payment taken.

I am patiently waiting fo my shipping status to change lol. Surely it will be today?! :rolleyes:

I'm getting an Internal Server Error on the Order Status page -- anybody else? Maybe all the orders are being updated at once?

I kno, I know, it's silly... but come on something update, still NOTHINGGGGGG going on.

I spoke to Apple earlier and they told me that stock to meet all the orders for 24 June is sat in a warehouse in Hinckley (Birmingham?) and so processing of orders will happen over the next day.

I spoke to Apple Customer Care yesterday and today and they told me that they are planning to ship out a large batch of phones for delivery on the 23rd so you never know...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom