• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

iPhone 4 PAYG on O2, place of purchase

psikey

Distinguished Member
99% sure I'll be getting the 32GB iPhone 4 on O2 PAYG so is there any benefit of buying direct from Apple or Direct from O2?

Tending to think Apple Online as I have a local store I can easily take it to with any issues, but are they getting OTT with the water sensor issues (false water damage concern).

Also, which is best option for day one delivery or to be able to order online for collection in store ??

andyMansurrey

Novice Member
correct me if im wrong.....but if you get the iphone from o2 on payg dont you have to buy £10 of credit for the payg sim you get with the iphone?..and you dont have to in an apple store?

psikey

Distinguished Member
correct me if im wrong.....but if you get the iphone from o2 on payg dont you have to buy £10 of credit for the payg sim you get with the iphone?..and you dont have to in an apple store?

Didn't know that, certainly don't want to use the PAYG SIM as I'll be putting an o2 Simplicity SIM in it.

andyMansurrey

Novice Member
same here mate..simplicity all the way!....tesco moble sim only looks tempting tho....so do vodafones new sim only tarrifs.

crocandy

same here mate..simplicity all the way!....tesco moble sim only looks tempting tho....so do vodafones new sim only tarrifs.

I agree. Tesco does look good especially if they are still offering club card point on purchasing the phone etc.

SwitchBlade

Banned
What Price is the NEW iPHONE (4) and where's the BEST Place to BUY.? cheers!

much appreciated..

Dave :D

andyMansurrey

Novice Member
i think you can take your sim to an apple store so they can activate your fone..but an o2 store i think it will be a different story....and i think the iphone from the apple store will be locked to what ever provider your sim is attached to....again correct me if im wrong.

beckford

i think you can take your sim to an apple store so they can activate your fone..but an o2 store i think it will be a different story....and i think the iphone from the apple store will be locked to what ever provider your sim is attached to....again correct me if im wrong.

If thats the case then, im pre-ordering from apple, makes no sence to waste a £10er on a sim your never going to use.

psikey

Distinguished Member
Already covered that question with O2 this morning. They will send a micro SIM and transfer the existing Simplicity contract SIM over.

darren68uk

I bought my 3GS fro apple store cribbs causeway n bristol, and despite the fact i was on contract with iphone i had to have the £10 pay as you go sim,

but that is on 02, so i dont know what happens in the apple store if you choose a different provider:)

hot-fuzz

Already covered that question with O2 this morning. They will send a micro SIM and transfer the existing Simplicity contract SIM over.

If you do that wont O2 know you are using the iPhone4 and possibly start capping?

If you cut it they might think you are using another phone and not cap?

mr_sockochris

Novice Member
I don't know if this helps but I bought my Pay & Go 3GS online from Apple and just put my O2 contract sim that i had in my previous Samsung phone straight in there. The O2 sim that came with the phone is still in the box, I certainly never put £10 on it :)

psikey

Distinguished Member
If you do that wont O2 know you are using the iPhone4 and possibly start capping?

If you cut it they might think you are using another phone and not cap?

I asked them a straight question:

"using this 12 mth Simplicity with a 3GS (off ebay .... a lie!) If I decide to get a PAYG iPhone 4 can I transfer the contract"

Their reply:
"yes, but we would need to send you a micro SIM for it then contract continues on new handset".

Can't get clearer than that unless he was Bu..Sh.ting me

hot-fuzz

I asked them a straight question:

"using this 12 mth Simplicity with a 3GS (off ebay .... a lie!) If I decide to get a PAYG iPhone 4 can I transfer the contract"

Their reply:
"yes, but we would need to send you a micro SIM for it then contract continues on new handset".

Can't get clearer than that unless he was Bu..Sh.ting me

Im sure the contract would continue, but theres no mention they wouldnt cap, but im sure on 12 month deal they wont, 1 month is different.

Oh god, too much speculation. I'll probably end up paying £25 in october for 1gig and be done with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom