iPhone 4 & Orange [Prices Now Confirmed]

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have merged a couple of threads together asking about the iPhone 4 and Orange.

Please can all subsequent questions regarding Orange and the iPhone be asked within this thread to try and consolidate things.

To clarify, this thread is ONLY to discuss Orange and the iPhone 4, anything else maybe removed.

16th June - Thanks to oasismark! :thumbsup:

15th June - Get ready for the iPhone 4

Hello Theydon

The new iPhone is on its way. At the moment, we're planning to launch the iPhone 4 on 24 June.
Keep the date in mind so that you can be one of the first to get your hands on it. Once out, it'll be available in our shops, on our website and by phone. We'll even send you a little reminder beforehand so you don't forget.

If you like, you can find out a bit more about the iPhone 4 while you're waiting.

Best wishes
Orange

11th June - The new iPhone will soon be yours

Hello Theydon,

Now the launch on 24 June is not far away, we wanted to give you a little taster of what you can look forward to with the iPhone 4 on Orange.

Our 3G network covers 93% of the UK giving more people what they need to get the best iPhone experience. Download apps and music faster, browse and email, flip through iBooks, even Multitask. Whatever you love, wherever you are…

You'll also enjoy great benefits like Orange Wednesdays – bringing you 2 for 1 cinema tickets and pizza at PizzaExpress.

We'll be in touch again on Tuesday 15 June to tell you how you can reserve your iPhone 4. So keep your eyes peeled.

That's all for now.

Orange

LFC, please delete or merge this as you see fit into your excellent summary threads. :smashin:

Last edited:
I got this - seemed very filler to be honest. No point to it at all, I guess they just don't want their customers jumping ship at the moment :)

I got this - seemed very filler to be honest. No point to it at all, I guess they just don't want their customers jumping ship at the moment :)

Yeah, it basically boils down to "we're getting Iphone 4 as well"

Hi there bit of a dilema here :D
I currently have a 2g iPhone and have sold it to my friend for £90
I want the new iPhone 4, but it's unknown at the moment whether orange will offer their friends and family discount on it :(
i have access to a code from my friend and could do either of these deals:
£40 (£32 with f and f code) 24month contract with 3gs 16gb and sell the 3gs for around £220 after having payed for the phone originallly. Presuming payg prices are £500 I'll then be forking out £190 for the phone..

Or I can wait for contract prices. Find out if orange do the discount on the new iPhone and just hope they do..
I'm just not sure!
I think either way I'll end up forking out similar amounts for the phone but I just can't decide..
Any ideas?
Jack

I have 16 months left on orange which will cost me £400 to buy out on a 3GS. I have ordered a iphone 4 from the apple shop to be delivered. I assume I can just get a new SIM of orange and put it in the new iphone and carry on with the contract and sell my old iphone?
Or I could cut my present SIM card to make it fit?

Also I haven't had a confirmation email although I can see an order on the apple website in my account.

Last edited:
So I can buy an Iphone 4 sim free from Apple - great. But, I still have nearly all my 24 month contract to go.

Normally, i'd just put the sim card into the new phone, but with the microsim, you can't. Will Orange let me have one, or insist I have to buy out the contract, or buy the phone off them?

Rick

Im in the same situation but with o2... I can't see them having a problem so they should give you the new sim... if not, you can always cut it.

I rang them about this and they are not sure whether they are going to provide a micro sim for customers who are still in their contract.
I can't see why they won't do it as there will be loads of people wanting to change to the new phone early. I will be cutting mine if I don't get one by the 24th. He said to keep checking the website until they launch them.

orange have said they wont allow this.

you either have a new contract or have payg. they wont transfer existing contracts to micro sim.

so either cut your current sim to fit. or hope that orange change their stance

orange have said they wont allow this.

you either have a new contract or have payg. they wont transfer existing contracts to micro sim.

so either cut your current sim to fit. or hope that orange change their stance

sorry but where have they said this?

They haven't said they won't do it yet.

Wouldn't do what? I tried to call them but all they are saying is refer to website which jake all on it! Got through to an operator and he just kept saying I don't know nothing... Very helpful.

So this is a first I am hearing and would like to know where you heard this?

These mirco sim cutters, does anyone have these in stock?

i spoke to orange today. as have other people on other threads on here.

orange are one of the only mobile companies left that still have different sims for PAYG and contracts and there CS have said they wont be transferring contracts to micro sim for quite a while.

so it leaves you with my first post options

i spoke to orange today. as have other people on other threads on here.

orange are one of the only mobile companies left that still have different sims for PAYG and contracts and there CS have said they wont be transferring contracts to micro sim for quite a while.

so it leaves you with my first post options

That's horrid! So can I cut my exsisting sim and put it in the iPhone if I buy from apple?

i believe so, its been done on the ipad so no reason why not.

if not i can see a lot being returned!

i believe so, its been done on the ipad so no reason why not.

if not i can see a lot being returned!

lol, your right there!

right! now i need to buy a micro sim cutter! a part of me is thinking i should have just stuck with my 3GS. All this money for a phone! :eek:

lol, your right there!

right! now i need to buy a micro sim cutter! a part of me is thinking i should have just stuck with my 3GS. All this money for a phone! :eek:

The cutter arent out until July, I also like my 3GS, my first iphone but the i4 looks top as I like my GPS and photos and videos.

The cutter arent out until July, I also like my 3GS, my first iphone but the i4 looks top as I like my GPS and photos and videos.

well i have ordered from Amazon and it says in stock...

so should have it soon...

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
If this is true that Orange will not give Micro-sims to existing customers who want to change over to iPhone 4 then its a worry!!!

I range them up today and their CS didn't have a clue and just said look on the website on the 24th. What a load of tosh!

Looks like im going to have to convert my existing sim into a micro-sim but i think i'll phone orange up and ask for a spare just incase I screw up!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom