iPhone 4 O2 tarrifs are up! [and handset prices are now out]

No unlimited data on Simplicity, im currently on 30day simplicity @ £20 per month but get unlimited web bolt on. looking at this and depending on the payg handset price I will be buying on payg and getting a 12month simplicity 300min contract for £15/mo

Are they having a laugh. 500mb of data? ***.

Even the unlimited talk plan only includes 1gig data. shocking given that unlimited web is a free bolt on atm

500mb caps? Who do they think they are, Orange?

Yet more reason to buy a PAYG phone, unlock it and run it on T-Mobile £15 a month rolling deal.

Glad I just changed to the £20 iPhone simplicity this morning with unlimited data for my 3G

I think ill be getting a PAYG phone and going for my current simplicity 30 day rolling tariff!

Do the pay monthly prices include a free phone???

Would be really good if they did.

????

So they are limiting the data to 500MB till Oct, then charging £5 for it after Oct????

PAYG

Text and Web for iPhone

When you first get your new iPhone, it'll be on our Text & Web tariff. From 1 October 2010, Text & Web will include unlimited Wi-Fi.

and what happens after Oct?

All abit pointless without telling us what the handset price is.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
All data has been reduced down from unlimited too 500mb - 1Gb (majority 500mb)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::eek::eek::(

Not that I miss sending picture messages but they're now also 20p each regardless of your contract! Thats bound to **** a few people off :thumbsdow

Their greed will cost them more customers than it will retain....anybody renewing a 18-24 month contract with them would be INSANE! :suicide:

Last edited by a moderator:
strange as there were no specific 'simplicity for iphone' packages before... i wonder if this will be an option with a much higher price for the handset

it says Unlimited data on all smartphone tariffs is a promotion until 1 October 2010 so it looks like new iphone 4's will have the cap and all current sim cards with the unlimited data will get capped in october

No unlimited data on Simplicity, im currently on 30day simplicity @ £20 per month but get unlimited web bolt on. looking at this and depending on the payg handset price I will be buying on payg and getting a 12month simplicity 300min contract for £15/mo

I'm exactly th same as you, and will do the same, prob buy the handset and go for the 12 month simplicity at £15. Were gonna be looking at £500 for the handset I guess, if I can get £150 for my 3G on recycle that will help soften the blow.

All data has been reduced down from unlimited too 500mb - 1Gb (majority 500mb)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::eek::eek::(

Shocking really. I've got about 18months left on my contract which include unlimited data with a fair use policy. If they try to change that then that would be a breach of contract and they can have the phone back.

So it looks like my only option if I want a iPhone 4 is to sell it and get a Payg model and keep my current contract. I really don't think I'll bother.

To be honest over the last 17 months on my 3g ive used about 3.5Gb and thats being generous

Its just nice knowing you dont have to worry about a limit when you have unlimited!!

Looks like to me its the 500mb plus an extra 500mb on top for the £5 extra

But it says,
Unlimited data on all smartphone tariffs is a promotion until 1 October 2010.

So come Oct the FREE data with finish, so to keep a data bundle after Oct, you add £5.

But it says,

So come Oct the FREE data with finish, so to keep a data bundle after Oct, you add £5.

It says unlimited data will come to an end, the contracts as standard only have 500mb included but I'm guessing they will allow you to go over this for free until October.

Does anyone know what i can do. I want to buy it on PAYG. Im currently at the end of my contract, which is a great contract :thumbsup: and its just rolling month by month (not tied in). But i need a new micro sim to stay on this contract and put in the new iphone. Will o2 just give me one and use it for my current contract? I doubt it because of this limited data allowance on new tariffs

Its 500mb with all tariffs and then if you want more than 500mb, you pay that extra fee - Vodafone do something very similar.

The way i read it, thats the prices are for all 02 "smart phones" this is added to the bottom

"All our smartphone tariffs for iPhone include Visual Voicemail, up to 1GB of UK data and unlimited Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi."

so to me that means if i got and HTC on £35 id only get 500mb but if i buy an iphone ill get up to 1GB regardless of tarriff????

am i right???

I'm exactly th same as you, and will do the same, prob buy the handset and go for the 12 month simplicity at £15. Were gonna be looking at £500 for the handset I guess, if I can get £150 for my 3G on recycle that will help soften the blow.

Just sold my 16gb 3g for £250 on eBay (more like £215 taking away the fees though), but not perfect condition.

Im currently getting 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited web bolt on for £20 on a monthly contract, so its shocking how this is stating 300 mins, unlimited texts, and 500mb data for £20 a month. hopefully this deal includes some kind of discount over payg prices on the handset

if not, will look at tmobile or 3

Does anyone know what i can do. I want to buy it on PAYG. Im currently at the end of my contract, which is a great contract :thumbsup: and its just rolling month by month (not tied in). But i need a new micro sim to stay on this contract and put in the new iphone. Will o2 just give me one and use it for my current contract? I doubt it because of this limited data allowance on new tariffs

There is no reason why obtaining a replacement sim card should force you to change any details about your current tariff. o2 will provide a micro-sim for you to use.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom