iPhone 4 O2 tarrifs are up! [and handset prices are now out]

Just had a look at this. As far as I know i've never reset this in the time I've owned the phone (more than 18 months). It currently says i've 'received' around 750MB, surely that can;t be for my full 18 months usage? Does it reset itself when you sync the phone or something?

scroll to the very bottom of the usage page, should say there what date the last reset was

For instance, mine says I have used 1.2gb since a last rest of 10/03/2010 so that works out as approx 400mb per month.

Thinking about it:

12 month simplicity at £15 sounds ok for me.

300 mins
unlimited txt
500MB data

BUT on that tarrif, the handset is gonna be almost PAYG prices, so i may aswel go PAYG!

I'd say with the new data cap, Facetime is gonna be a LOOOOONG way of coming to 3G.

scroll to the very bottom of the usage page, should say there what date the last reset was

For instance, mine says I have used 1.2gb since a last rest of 10/03/2010 so that works out as approx 400mb per month.

Ah i never spotted that. It says 'Last reset: Never'. Guess i should be OK!

750MB doesn't seem like a lot considering how often I use it. Maybe it's coz I don't really do any sort of streaming.

am i missing something? where is the PAYG prices?

I too am in the happy position of having qualified for an upgrade in April but held on for iPhone 4.
My question is in respect of the unlimited data seemingly being restricted to 500MB for new contracts: If I upgrade, can I keep my existing T&Cs? (ie £35 p/m, unlimited data etc) Anyone know?

Well that's me not getting one now, just seems like o2 want it all there own way, I'm currently paying £35pm for unlimited data and 600 minutes, plus any picture messages come out of my allowance. This is clearly why o2 are offering the reduced settlement fee for people still in contract so it forces them to move over to the rubbish tarrifs!

I think il stay where I am for a while and see what other networks have to offer in the coming months.

am i missing something? where is the PAYG prices?

Down the page

O2 | iPhone 4 | Tariffs for iPhone

The more you top up, the more texts you'll get:

* Top up £10-£14. Get 300 texts and 500MB internet
* Top up £15-£29. Get 500 texts and 500MB internet
* Top up £30 or more. Get unlimited texts and 500MB internet

No handset price tho, which kind of makes it useless.

Well that's me not getting one now, just seems like o2 want it all there own way, I'm currently paying £35pm for unlimited data and 600 minutes, plus any picture messages come out of my allowance. This is clearly why o2 are offering the reduced settlement fee for people still in contract so it forces them to move over to the rubbish tarrifs!

I think il stay where I am for a while and see what other networks have to offer in the coming months.

^^ what he says!

What happens to those who are currently on iphone simplicity20?

Do you retain the unlimited data or does it automatically go to the new tariff?

I see those already on the iphone tariff keep it but no mention is made of simplicity.

What happens to those who are currently on iphone simplicity20?

Do you retain the unlimited data or does it automatically go to the new tariff?

I see those already on the iphone tariff keep it but no mention is made of simplicity.

I would assume / hope that we remain on any tariff we are currently subscribed too

especially as I went from my 35 p/m tariff to simplicity £20 30day rolling, this morning

I found that the best place to see your true data usage (excluding home broadband through wifi) is on your o2 bill... Just check online and you can see per month your data usage if you drill into your bill.
Mine comes in at about 250 a month, highest ever was 322 so I'm pleased with this as I never ever checked it before.
(But I bet I use 3 times as much at home as I often watch TV Catchup etc...)

Well I've used 4.8GB since launch last year which works out at 400MB per month. A little too close to call for my liking.

Couple of observations really....

Firstly..

500mb a month is a monster amount for the majority of people.

Since December last year I have used 945Mb in total and I use every day.

The only way 500mb a month would not be enough would be if you were constantly downloading or streaming and then I still can't see it because...

The battery would not last long enough to stream and download loads so you would really have to be connected to power.

Power = Home/Work = WiFi = Not using allowance!!!

Secondly...

Based on the O2 tariffs I think it would be fair to say that the handset is going to be pretty dear.

Hoping the other networks won't be too far behind letting us know their tariffs - overall it seems like O2 have remaining pretty much unchanged, although the top whack £75pm tariff has gone - and txt's are now unlimited no matter which you choose.

Was talking to a guy in the Orange shop at lunch and he seemed to think that tariffs would increase slightly - seems like O2 are doing the opposite...

500mb a month is a monster amount for the majority of people.

Agreed, before we all go shouting down O2, check your data usage.

Based on the O2 tariffs I think it would be fair to say that the handset is going to be pretty dear.

Hmm i'm worried :(

Cant see the £15 a month tariff handset coming in under £550!

just gave o2 a ring to ask how much mb iv been using for the last 6 months, they said from 120 - 160 a month. so ill be fine with 500mb a month:thumbsup:

i thought id chance it and ask if i could just upgrade to the new iphone cause my contract is up, she said i couldn't i would have to go into a o2 shop on the 24th and upgrade :thumbsdow

An app can be around 50mb.

This is going to make a lot of people scared of using all the features of their pretty new iPhone.

Prohibitive.

I found that the best place to see your true data usage (excluding home broadband through wifi) is on your o2 bill... Just check online and you can see per month your data usage if you drill into your bill.
Mine comes in at about 250 a month, highest ever was 322 so I'm pleased with this as I never ever checked it before.
(But I bet I use 3 times as much at home as I often watch TV Catchup etc...)

hi could you please point out where to check data usage on o2 online? im on simplicity, all i see is the cost of mobile internet (=£0.00)

regards

im definitely sticking to my current contract as i am on unlimited data until september 2011, i wont be upgrading any of my tariffs or cancelling my contract at the end if it stays like this.

i need unlimited data as i use the catch up tv very often! and will be even more during the world cup.

5.1 gb since jan of this year.....time to look at another network of the iphone 4

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom