mikee66

crikey £800!!!

makes me consider selling mine!

Simba

Distinguished Member
omg people are selling reservations for £99

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
As much as I detest these people that buy up loads of...whatever, to sell on at a profit,the only reason they continue to do so is because of the stupidity of people willing to buy at stupid prices,rather than wait a week or two.

SNUK10

Banned
As much as I detest these people that buy up loads of...whatever, to sell on at a profit,the only reason they continue to do so is because of the stupidity of people willing to buy at stupid prices,rather than wait a week or two.

Couldnt agree more.

The stupid people are typically those who actually cant afford it aswell i.e those borrowing money or using their last penny from their life savings.

Success in life has always been being smarter than the other guy anyway. Without stupid people, smart people wouldnt succeed.

tjradiohead

Couldnt agree more.

The stupid people are typically those who actually cant afford it aswell i.e those borrowing money or using their last penny from their life savings.

Success in life has always been being smarter than the other guy anyway. Without stupid people, smart people wouldnt succeed.

A rather sad outlook on life. Being successful isnt about ripping people off.

If these people hadnt have reserved 10's of iPhones, there would have been more to go around.

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
Theres a thread in General Chat where someone mentions being ripped off by a tradesman.Of course the tradesmen all say"Well, he didnt rip you off, he gave you a price and you were happy to pay it"
The same applies here.If someone is stupid enough to willingly pay £800 for a phone that(probably) he could get for £500 two weeks later,then why shouldnt someone take advantage of that fact.Nobody is being forced to buy anything.

Believe me, if nobody was prepared to pay it, the price would soon drop.And these scalpers would think twice next time.But that wont happen, because theres always some mug willing to pay over the odds.

an1mal_69

dont forget everything is relative..£800 for some people is pocket change

/wild hypothesis

You' just won a wedge, lottery maybe, and buggered off abroad celebrating. In doing so you miss the iphone pre-order..gutted..but hey, you can get one off ebay..sorted.

moral is, not everyone is stupid..they may just have more money than you..lol

g852

You can alway sell something for an extortionate price as long as people will pay it...

rickoshea

hot-fuzz

Banned
If you had a reservation and someone said "i'll give you £100 for it", would you sell it to them ?
Of course you would. If you didnt then you need to want more Apprentice :rotfl:

I got one and considered selling it because people will buy it. Why Not ? They are given away on here for free and the only thing stopping me from selling mine is having to give away my appleID which i dont fancy doing to some stranger (on here or on EBay).

If theres a demand then theres a market. I would say its only greed if they pre-ordered 20 and put all 20 on Ebay. Youre not forcing people to buy it, if they buy it then alls good.

jerryjal

Just seen someone on there selling his reservation for £199!
If that's not bad enough have a look at this note on the bottom of the advert....

BUY IT NOW. IF YOU BUY IT NOW AND THE PAYMENT CLEARS BEFORE THURSDAY I WILL PERSONALLY BUY THE PHONE FOR YOU AND SEND IT VIA UPS NEXT DAY DELIVERY GUARANTEED IN UK. EUROPE UPS EXPRESS 1-3 DAYS. BUT EMAIL ME FIRST PLEASE IF INTERESTED.

COST WILL BE £1599 FOR RESERVATION + PICK UP + iPHONE 4 32GB BLACK + P&P :eek::eek::eek:

Lexor

I've seen iphone 4's on ebay where the sellers are saying they won't be receiving them till 14 July. I can order one myself right now on Apple's site for delivery on 14 July !!

Must be looking for overseas sales?

tigermad

Distinguished Member
If you had a reservation and someone said "i'll give you £100 for it", would you sell it to them ?
Of course you would. If you didnt then you need to want more Apprentice :rotfl:

I got one and considered selling it because people will buy it. Why Not ? They are given away on here for free and the only thing stopping me from selling mine is having to give away my appleID which i dont fancy doing to some stranger (on here or on EBay).

If theres a demand then theres a market. I would say its only greed if they pre-ordered 20 and put all 20 on Ebay. Youre not forcing people to buy it, if they buy it then alls good.

My hubby created a new apple id especially for reserving 2 phones. 1 for me and 1 for him. This won't cause a problem at the apple store will it? I see they actually activate instore. Does it have to be the email/apple id linked to your itunes account?

Steven

Senior Moderator
I got one and considered selling it because people will buy it. Why Not ? They are given away on here for free
Well quite indeed because this is a community here. People are quite entitled to sell their reservation. They just have to do it somewhere else

And of course as mused here there is no guarantee that turning up with someone else's reservation and someone else's Apple ID will work because Apple could ask for payment via debit or credit card. At least on this forum you will have only wasted your time

boltlock

Distinguished Member
Wouldnt that be funny if it went for £199 though :cool:

But you do realise that's just for the reservation and does not include the phone. The BIN price is where the seller will go to the Apple store and get the phone and then post it to the buyer.

Always make sure you read the listings carefully!! :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Marantz set to launch new Cinema Series of AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom