• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Iphone 4 going straight to answer phone.

lee2912

Standard Member
Hi everyone does anyone else have this problem i'm having.

Ive recently joined orange and when people ring me sometimes it goes straight to answer phone even though I have a full signal. It happens everywhere not just in one spot.
Ive rung orange customer services and they've reset my answer phone setting three times, told me to turn off 3g, tried the store sim (which went straight to answerphone),and then even replaced my phone and its still doing it.
When I rung them yesterday to complain again they told me this time it was because im on a 2g network and the iphone is always on the internet and the 2g network cannot handle internet and calls. He said this is the same for all networks. He advised me to keep turning my mobile data off in settings when im not using the internet. I rung apple technical help and he said hes never heard of this before and i shouldn't need to turn keep turning off mobile data.
Ive rung orange again and there sending me a new simcard this week but I think its the network.
Is anyone else having this problem with the iphone on any network not just orange?

Some Bloke

I've not experienced this problem, so I can only guess possible solutions.

You say you've just joined Orange, did you use another network previously or is the iPhone brand new ?
If it's a new phone and you've not got many personalised settings, I would reset the phone and see if that fixes the problem.
If that doesn't fix it, alongside the new sim card, maybe get Apple to replace the phone.

lee2912

Standard Member
Cheers for the reply. It was a new iphone from orange but i recently sent it back to apple under oranges instructions and they swapped it for a reconditioned one. It anoyed me that the customer services guy from orange told me all iphones on all networks do this if you leave the mobile data switched on.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom