• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPhone 4 and iPod docks

Status
Not open for further replies.

interbear

Hi all - new to the world of Apple but in need of an iPod and intrigued by the new iPhone 4. I may well opt for one as my personal media device / phone to work alongside the BB that work provide me with.

Anyway - quick query - will the iPhone 4 have the common connector that will allow it to be used with the plethora of iPod docking stations / speakers that are available on the market today?

x3j3UKN

In a word, yes.

But.

No one at this stage will know what the iPhone 4 is compatible with.

acf

The connector will be the same but due to the size of the phone it will depend on whether any of the usual drop in inserts, that usually come with docks etc, fit or if the manufacturer offers specific iPhone 4 ones after it launches.

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Until we know for sure, we are all guessing. Please just wait until they are released I am sure Belkin and the usual mob will have them ready to ship on day one.

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom