iPhone 3GS panic selling over then?

Reaction score
I tried to sell my 32GB iPhone 3GS on this forum to fund the new iPhone 4 and noticed that the 3GS was selling for silly money. Up to £150 knocked off due to the announcement of the iPhone 4. I guess a lot of this was due to panic selling (myself included), fearing for a bigger drop in price once the iPhone was 4 was available to buy. Now that the prices have been unveiled @ £499 for the 16gb, and also the 8GB 3GS is at £419, I think the prices of the 3GS will go back up - a lot of the people I have spoken to are put off at the high price of the new iPhone. Your opinions?

Well at £419 for a 8Gb 3gs i think that paying £440 for the 16Gb 3gs seems like a pretty good deal.

I think the prices will go back to what they were maybe even higher

I got 300 for my 11month 3gs.... i reckon thats a fair price considering age.

condition was excellent.

condition was excellent.

That's cheap in my opinion.

condition was excellent.

Same here for an 11month black 16gb, after ebay fees - I'd be lucky to get that again I believe.

Well at £419 for a 8Gb 3gs i think that paying £440 for the 16Gb 3gs seems like a pretty good deal.

I think the prices will go back to what they were maybe even higher

Yeah I agree for sure. I guess it was a blessing disguise that mine didn't sell. I'm trying to justify buying the 4 as I've just got a 64GB iPad

i agree with this thread, i said to my mates it was all a panic sale... people being held to ransom...personally if it sells it sells if it dont then no bother

Sure thing... pani pani panc... Heck i paniced and sold my MINT BRAND NEW 16GB 3GS and was lucky to get £325 for it.

I then bought a 32GB 3GS with a small nick on the side but 11 months warranty for £280 (Panic seller) and another MINT refurb unit (2 months old) with all paperwork and 3 months warranty left for £290. All on O2 and both sellers filled the o2 unlock for for me...!

Aim was to sell these to make a bit of cash and upgrade to the Iphone 4... but looking at the iphone 4 price i may give it a miss....!

The best news i have hear so far is that the 8GB 3GS will be £420...!

£330-£350 depends on condition etc

Always had screensaver and incipio case although the incipio case makes a few marks on the finish. I might try and sell it at work for that price. Still trying to get my order for the i4 to go through :-(

Ok can someone give me a value on mine then.
iPhone 3gs in White. 16gb. Purchased brand new from apple store on 1st
march 2010. Been in zagg invisible shield since march 18th. Before then was stored in a Vaja custom made case. Headphones and paperwork never opened or touched. Comes with official apple dock and vaja slip case.

Some times some people kill the price of products & that affects everyone despite paying the full price. :mad:

I am not saying i don't like bargains but you cant have the iphone at the same price as peanuts.

I think £350 is right price for iphone 3gs 16gb officially unlocked, jailbroken & in excellent condition.:D

Toying with the idea of selling my iPhone 3gs 32gb which was received from o2 in November 2009.

Had case and screen saver applied from day one, what kind of price would you say I can achieve?

the new 8gb 3gs may very well be 420, but who is going to buy it? Most would rather pay the extra 80 pounds and go for the iphone 4. The cost will be negligible over the contract term.

further, there are better handsets out there for a lot less money, the Desire for example.

Last edited:
hi, could someone price mine. 3gs 32gb black. screen 100% (protector since day 1). About 10 months old. Small marks on back from cases i've had (again been cased from day 1).

There however is a half inch crack near the connector socket on the back going from bottom up.

Currently the phone classified sections looks like an iPhone car boot sale.

hi, could someone price mine. 3gs 32gb black. screen 100% (protector since day 1). About 10 months old. Small marks on back from cases i've had (again been cased from day 1).

There however is a half inch crack near the connector socket on the back going from bottom up.

Not sure about this one mate, maybe around £270 due to the crack unfortunately

Iphone Guru.. your the best... :clap::clap::clap::clap:

you seem to be a official valuer of iphones.

There's an awful lot of wishful thinking on this thread. New model means old models drop in price. No matter what you are hoping for, or the fact that there is an inferior 3GS model - most people will want the new one, hence 32GB 3GS's are worth around £320, 16GB's around £290.

Good luck trying to get more.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom