Iphone 3gs ios 5

Woody26

I completed the jailbreak to ios 5.0.1 on my 3gs last night as I have the old bootroom which from what I've read means an untethered jailbreak. When I started the first stage of the install, itunes showed a message saying that my phone is now unlocked. It was previously on o2 when I bought it and I requested the unlock from them as I am on 3. I've always had to use the unlock software (ultrasnow) to get it to work. When the jailbroken software installed the phone just worked, no need to use ultrasnow. Is it safe to say that the phone is officially unlocked now? I'm tempted to install the un jailbroken ios as I can't get email and safari to work on the jailbroken version

chukwe

when you upgraded to iOS 5.0.1 just before you applied the redsnow jailbreak, did you've network service from 3?

nitram_tpr

If the phone was unlocked *officially* by O2, does that not mean it is unlocked in all basebands regardless of the jailbroken status?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom