iPhone 3GS iOS 5.01 How to stop 'cleaning' of apps?

Wingsurfer

Every so often (usually when I'm prompted the phone is running out of storage memory) I notice that some apps display 'cleaning' underneath the app logo. This seems to be deleting excess data from the app. Is there a way of stopping this from happening. I believe that it is this which is causing me issues with Spotify.

Ta

Me

gkpm

Novice Member
There is nothing you can do, the developers need to update their apps to use the new storage facility provided in iOS 5.

Apps in the past were relying on a "hack" for long term storage, but that is now cleaned up since it was filling up the backup with unnecessary data (particularly a bad thing if you backup to iCloud)

Wingsurfer

Ok thanks! That blows! It's rendering a fantastic music service pretty much unusable to me at the times when I would like to use it the most (I download songs to listen to in the office when I have very poor internet connection) the 'cleaning' that is happening within the firmware is deleting all of these tunes. Due to it being mostly unusable to me I'm going to cancel my sub, through no fault at all of Spotify.

gkpm

Novice Member
Maybe contact Spotify and ask about an updated version?

They've had over a month to do something that is a simple update (just changing maybe 3 lines of code), so wouldn't say it's not entirely their fault... Many other apps have done it already.

Wingsurfer

I can no longer contact them. Ive been having a long email convo with their customer services, trying to diagnose why my downloads kept disappearing (this was before I figured out its something which is happening within iOS) after the last reply I made I had a message failure from gmail saying my IP has been blocked due by them due to sending spam.... obv not happy about that

bransoj

Due to it being mostly unusable to me I'm going to cancel my sub, through no fault at all of Spotify.
Surely its partly their fault if they've not updated their app to work properly with the new iOS leading to this issue. They should have had access to the new iOS prior to being public to pick this up and fix it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom