Iphone 3Gs 16gb Tmobile locked? help!!

leeno382

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, Bought an Iphone 3gs today from a mate, who has come back from germany with the mobile locked to Tmobile, i am currently on Orange he no longer has the sim, so ive now bought the phone, and it wont take my sim, is this just a case of buying a tmobile sim card? then using it on tmobile?? i cant jailbreak it or anything becuase i am locked on the emergency screen awaiting itunes registration, but becuase its not taking my sim am goosed??? any ideas? thank you:facepalm:

Hi Guys, Bought an Iphone 3gs today from a mate, who has come back from germany with the mobile locked to Tmobile, i am currently on Orange he no longer has the sim, so ive now bought the phone, and it wont take my sim, is this just a case of buying a tmobile sim card?

T-Mobile UK and T-Mobile Germany are different networks, and a UK sim wont work in a German locked phone (no UK sim will), if the phone is 3.1.2 you should be able to Blackra1n unlock it and use any sim (probably on a tethered unlock).

If it's on 3.1.3 you have bought an iPod Touch.

A new unlock for iOS 4 is supposedly due for release sometime before the end of the month (hopefully).

T-Mobile UK and T-Mobile Germany are different networks, and a UK sim wont work in a German locked phone (no UK sim will), if the phone is 3.1.2 you should be able to Blackra1n unlock it and use any sim (probably on a tethered unlock).

If it's on 3.1.3 you have bought an iPod Touch.

A new unlock for iOS 4 is supposedly due for release sometime before the end of the month (hopefully).

Hi Dave, thanks for your help, i have now bought a "One Sim" its a new sim, designed for iphone 3gs that unlocks to "Any" Network apparently, i have heard about the iOs4 being released also, its on the 3.1.3 software as its been upgraded, Doh!!! is there any other alternative? exept use this sim ive just got and just wait for the new iOs4??? at the min i cant use the phone, its a nightmare
:)

You got a link to this OneSim?

Only one I found was an interntional sim that needs to be used in an unlocked mobile.

Thanks

You got a link to this OneSim?

Only one I found was an interntional sim that needs to be used in an unlocked mobile.

Thanks

This is a great sim by the looks of it, its on another very well known website, here is the link to a website where ive ordered mine from, cheers

Zonetech - One Sim

I don't think your sim will work till you can get the iPhone unlocked.

The good news (hopefully) is that there should be an unlock shortly after the 21st.

I don't think your sim will work till you can get the iPhone unlocked.

The good news (hopefully) is that there should be an unlock shortly after the 21st.

Its worth a shot eh, otherwise its another ebay sale i think..... yes i believe its on the 21st or thereafter, cheers

This is a great sim by the looks of it, its on another very well known website, here is the link to a website where ive ordered mine from, cheers

Zonetech - One Sim
These sims are notoriously unreliable and can be (and are) easily locked out with firmware updates

These sims are notoriously unreliable and can be (and are) easily locked out with firmware updates

To be honest though, i dont have much choice, my Iphone is currently unusable, its asking for the original sim, therefore its a heavy paperweight, i am waiting delivery of this so i'll let you all know how it goes, If anyone has any other suggestions then please let me know.... thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom