iPhone 3G Speaker

stu.artd

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've had my iPhone 3G for about 6 weeks now and have just noticed that the speaker for listening to calls doesn't work. I've never had a need to use it as I've used a bluetooth headset until today. The audio speakers for music or the handset ringing both work OK, and there are no other problems with it. I bought it over the phone as a new contract and then swapped my mobile number to it.

Where am I best taking it back to for the quickest resolution ? An o2 store or an apple store ?

Before you take it back, check the sounds setting menu and make sure that the volume slider isn't set to the minimum. It probably won't be if your other sound functions are OK.

Also, check the small button on the top left, above the volume control and make sure it is pushed forward, towards the screen. If it is pushed back towards the rear, it does affect some of the functions. It happened with mine when I accidentally pushed it to the back position and it took me ages to find out why some functions had stopped working.

If you do have to take it back, I have read that Apple Stores exchange them instantly. I don't know what the policy is with O2 stores.

Dave

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately the mute/silence switch isn't on and everything looks OK in the sounds menu and the handset rings when it's called from another phone. The other person can hear me, but I just can't hear them. :(

I'll see where my nearest Apple store is as o2 told me over the phone that they'd need to send it to Apple for repair.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom