• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPhone 3G - sold unlocked in Italy

johnnyuk

Established Member
Hi

My second post of the day!

I'm currently stuck with a Blackberry Pearl on Vodafone Corporate. so this question is not about buying out of contracts etc - I HAVE to use Vodafone.

So...on eBay, there are a number of sellers in Italy, where I understand that iPhones are sold unlocked to a carrier. Not "jail broken" or "piggy back sims".

If the new iPhone firmware fixed the "push on standby" problem referenced in my other post (I'm sorry, I don't know how to link to a post) would anyone see an issue running it on the Vodafpone network (besides the £5-600 upfront cost!)

The seller's feedback seem to indicate all would be well, but I thought I'd ask the experts - you guys!

Thanks in advance.

John

p.s. I don't want to use software hacks or piggy back sims, as I have read a few stories like "I've just bricked my iPhone" and the like...! :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom