• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iPhone 3G on T-Mobile suddenly lost 3G signal????

TheBaldOne

Standard Member
Hi all!

I've had an iPhone since Jan this year and it's always been unlocked (for T-Mobile UK) using yellows0w (or ultrasn0w since OS3's release).

When I was using yellowsn0w EVERYTHING on the phone worked perfectly with no resets/signal dropouts but if I turned on 3G then it all went wrong with random signal dropouts and lost calls etc.

Since the upgrade to OS3 and ultrasn0w EVERYTHING including 3G signal has worked :thumbsup: but last night (29th Sept) the problems I suffered with yellowsn0w (signal dropouts when having 3G enabled) have started again... I've not changed anything settings-wise, I haven't re-synced with iTunes or updated any firmware by mistake.

Have T-Mobile UK suddenly changed frequencies or access settings does anyone know? There has been no changes at my end, just consistent "searching..." messages then an edge signal for 4-5 seconds then nothing again!

I went for 2-3 months with full 3G signal working brilliantly and now i'm back to my old yellows0w problems:(

Is anyone else suffering the same or can anyone shed light on my problem?:lease:

Many thanks for your help guys!

ROBIN50N

Prominent Member
Hi all!

I've had an iPhone since Jan this year and it's always been unlocked (for T-Mobile UK) using yellows0w (or ultrasn0w since OS3's release).

When I was using yellowsn0w EVERYTHING on the phone worked perfectly with no resets/signal dropouts but if I turned on 3G then it all went wrong with random signal dropouts and lost calls etc.

Since the upgrade to OS3 and ultrasn0w EVERYTHING including 3G signal has worked :thumbsup: but last night (29th Sept) the problems I suffered with yellowsn0w (signal dropouts when having 3G enabled) have started again... I've not changed anything settings-wise, I haven't re-synced with iTunes or updated any firmware by mistake.

Have T-Mobile UK suddenly changed frequencies or access settings does anyone know? There has been no changes at my end, just consistent "searching..." messages then an edge signal for 4-5 seconds then nothing again!

I went for 2-3 months with full 3G signal working brilliantly and now i'm back to my old yellows0w problems:(

Is anyone else suffering the same or can anyone shed light on my problem?:lease:

Many thanks for your help guys!

could be just doing work in your area, happened round here a few weeks back. 3g was off for about two days for upgrades/maintenance.

RussWWFC

Established Member
I occasionally lose the 3G signal, sometimes for hours at a time. You probably get that little circle/dot thing in place of the 3G logo like I do. Phone em up if it doesn't come back, they are pretty good customer service wise (or have been when I used them a while back)

TheBaldOne

Standard Member
STATUS UPDATE...

I've now got my 3G signal icon back and it's stable but get the "could not activate cellular network" message when I try to use data.
I tried it in work today (I work 10 miles away from home) and it all worked fine 3G data n' all, so it looks like ROBIN5ON was right, they may be just working on it in my local area - here's hoping anyways!:rolleyes:

Cheers guys!:clap:

Sy1441

Prominent Member
If you pm me the postcode where you're having problems i'll let you know if there's work going on in the area.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom