iPhone 14 Order Thread

Which variant are you pre-ordering?

• Total voters
Every year DPD deliver and always here in the morning... this year its DHL and its estimated between 4 and 5... I've sold my 13 so I've just posted it so that it would get there tomorrow so I'm currently phone less hoping my new one arrives...!

Looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts on the 14 Pro - especially with the dynamic isalnd

Have gone back and forth all weekend about upgrading my 12 Pro, but opted not to as not enough difference for myself to justify, and I love the blue of the 12 Pro as well

Be interesting to see how long it takes 3rd party apps to really make use of dynamic island, and maybe how it is implemented is changed over the next few months
Well I caved! Proper sheep here! :laugh:

Cam down to the fact the resale on my 12 Pro will only be worse in 12 months time, plus the new design with the pill, better camera, 120hz, AOD and the battery for my phone is struggling currently

Ordered from John Lewis, messed up though and it aint coming till next week, was in a rush to order before went OOS and missed the option for free collection tomorrow!

Last edited:
I tried setting mine up using the device to device method, and now it won’t power on won’t respond, won’t do anything. Anyone had this before or have I somehow bricked it already?

Did you get this sorted out?

I tried setting mine up using the device to device method, and now it won’t power on won’t respond, won’t do anything. Anyone had this before or have I somehow bricked it already?
Mine did the same, a force restart sorted it out and all is well.

Hi, I never pre ordered but have just ordered a couple of Pro Max on the Apple Store, date is showing end of October, never ordered direct before so was wondering if their estimated dates are good or do they usually ship before maybe?

Drove to John Lewis to pick up a case and they had a crap selection (stock hasn’t come through yet).
Popped to apple and most colours were sold out.
The orange leather case is gorgeous but I know it would end up grubby looking so I couldn’t pull the trigger.
Ended up grabbing a blue silicone case which I’ll use at work and will order a leather case (the brown one I have coming tomorrow is ugly having seen it at apple) to be delivered.
Also picked up a MagSafe wallet but not sure I’ll keep it as I’d prefer a different colour (again limited at JL)

0124C994-FE3C-41B6-836F-2FEA6A04CDAC.jpeg

Love the black. All set up for me. Most stressful part was putting a screen protector on…

I have to say, the way Apple have treated preorder customers has been really poor. They should be given priority, surely thats the whole point of preordering, especially after such a debacle the order process was. Clearly there is plenty of stock for delivery today, to make people wait arbitrarily so they can sell existing stock might be the most profitable strategy, but it’s definitely unfair.

At least IMO, of course.
I was one of those who was frantically trying to Preorder on the 9th (and prior) without any success. When I finally managed to bag the 14ProMax I had to wait for an Oct delivery.

Started to check the Apple website this morning at 5am and nothing had changed but come 6am I managed to place an order for a tomorrow collection.

Very excited as I have held of from upgrading for a few years, I am moving from an Xr to the 14ProMax

Love the black. All set up for me. Most stressful part was putting a screen protector on…

I've never bothered with a screen protector. Always more of a faff than they're worth to me. I've never managed to crack or scratch a screen yet.

I've never bothered with a screen protector. Always more of a faff than they're worth to me. I've never managed to crack or scratch a screen yet.
I got a bit complacent with my 11 pro - it's not really got a scratch on the screen, more of an enthusiastic smudge - so I got a protector for the 14pm.

In contrast to previous models, the 14p series screen protectors cover the entire screen (rather than having a notch cut out at the top). Couldn't figure out how on earth the microphone worked with everything covered, but there's a tiny <1mm slot right at the top of the glass.

This is the first time I've been here for quite a while ...... other interests, etc .........

Just managed to order a Pro Max at JL for collection tomorrow. It's worth checking regularly: I checked after midnight last night before the new stock was showing and by 9.00 this morning they'd sold out. Either they're getting extra deliveries through the day or cancelled orders but I'm happy not to have to wait until the beginning of November!

I’m a perfectionist so they always irritated me but I seem to have the knack to get them on perfectly now.

I dropped my phone onto my bedside table and it shattered the protector. Glad it was there.

DHL have just delivered mine at 1840. Tracking didn’t work ,so I’ve waited in all day
Not the best start

Better start than me, after speaking to Amazon yesterday and again earlier today, both times to be told my order was a priority, to then getting an email to say they don’t have the stock to ship my order and to basically sit tight 🤬

I’m a perfectionist so they always irritated me but I seem to have the knack to get them on perfectly now.

I dropped my phone onto my bedside table and it shattered the protector. Glad it was there.
I like my screen protector to fit perfect as well so I use the Spigen EZ fit tempered glass ones as it is impossible to not get them perfect due to the fitting guide that fits on your phone to get the perfect fit

I got a bit complacent with my 11 pro - it's not really got a scratch on the screen, more of an enthusiastic smudge - so I got a protector for the 14pm.

In contrast to previous models, the 14p series screen protectors cover the entire screen (rather than having a notch cut out at the top). Couldn't figure out how on earth the microphone worked with everything covered, but there's a tiny <1mm slot right at the top of the glass.
The 13PM protectors I’ve used since launch day last year are as you’ve described. No notch cut out.

I like my screen protector to fit perfect as well so I use the Spigen EZ fit tempered glass ones as it is impossible to not get them perfect due to the fitting guide that fits on your phone to get the perfect fit

I’ve always used those but got some ESR ones this time. Exactly the same fitting frame and just as good. Its when dust gets under them that I get annoyed… I’d rather waste a protector than leave a speck of dust visible…!

As well as benefitting from getting my phone today by ordering it from Curry’s, rather than waiting until the first week of October for the one I ordered on launch day from Apple, I also got 5 months free Apple Music subscription from them, which Apple were only offering if I took out their finance agreement.

The 13PM protectors I’ve used since launch day last year are as you’ve described. No notch cut out.
Ah ok, interesting. I was coming from an 11 pro, so am a bit out of date on technological phone advances!

If any one needs a sealed 14 Pro Max 128gb in purple I have a spare. Not looking to profit just thought I’d offer before it goes back if anyone can’t wait.

Last edited:
Very generous of you, mate. I don’t need one, but it’s good of you to offer for others.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom