Votes: 58 35.6%
  • No way, I'm sticking this year.

Votes: 58 35.6%
  • Still not sure.

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • What's an iPhone?

Votes: 16 9.8%

• Total voters
Decided not to bother. Iphone XS user and it just didn't do anything for me.

Wanted to see something like reverse wireless charging, instead it was 120hz screen, that was always predicted, improved cameras which happens ever year.

One quick question, is the day getting longer?

Every year they add an hour or two to the battery life and it still had "All day battery life" I just wonder how that's possible.

i was going to upgrade to the 13, lack of touch id and the feact apple recommend not mounting phones to motorcycle handlebars due to heavy vibrations is putting me off now:/

how can the sensors and camera lenese on i phone 6 last no problem being mounted frequently on on motorcycles handle bar but not he recent 12/13 iphones?

Funny thing about this is during their presentation last night, when they did the iPhone showcase video, the iPhone was mounted on.... a motorcycle :facepalm: awkward...

edit.. apols missed @Storvay post saying the same.

Funny thing about this is during their presentation last night, when they did the iPhone showcase video, the iPhone was mounted on.... a motorcycle :facepalm: awkward...

edit.. apols missed @Storvay post saying the same.
It was on a scooter wasn’t it? Hardly a powerful motorcycle

It was on a scooter wasn’t it? Hardly a powerful motorcycle

It's a about vibrations no? last time I checked scooter suspension wasn't the best, also those kerbs....

I take your point but for me it was a bit of a own goal.

It's a about vibrations no? last time I checked scooter suspension wasn't the best, also those kerbs....

I take your point but for me it was a bit of a own goal.
It’s not about bumps from the suspension, but vibration from the motor itself.

I'll still be buying, seems a decent enough upgrade from an XS & XR. I tend to buy every 2-3 years.

I've ordered mine. iPhone 8 Plus to 13 Pro is a decent upgrade and not incremental.

Ordered mine in that new Sierra Blue but I might change that to the Graphite with a Sequoia Green leather case.

Take a look at the two options and let me know your thoughts.

MM173_AV1

MM103_AV2

So I have decided on iPhone 13 mini in starlight 128GB, iPad mini 6 in same colour delivery next Friday.
Also AW7 in starlight when it becomes available to order, wanted purple but only a option in iPad mini 6.
:D @Dave M

They're going to have to seriously up their game next year or I could be keeping my 12 Pro into a third year which would be largely unchartered territory for me and iPhones 😂

Seriously, I don't recall what else featured alongside the XS in the 2018 keynote but last night was fairly underwhelming across the product range (iPad Mini probably the pick but I have a 2016 9.7" iPad Pro which still does ok as my "small" iPad).

I was hoping to be tempted by a redesigned Apple Watch S7 with battery improvements but no ! Looks like my S4 for another year then..

They're going to have to seriously up their game next year or I could be keeping my 12 Pro into a third year which would be largely unchartered territory for me and iPhones 😂

Seriously, I don't recall what else featured alongside the XS in the 2018 keynote but last night was fairly underwhelming across the product range (iPad Mini probably the pick but I have a 2016 9.7" iPad Pro which still does ok as my "small" iPad).

I was hoping to be tempted by a redesigned Apple Watch S7 with battery improvements but no ! Looks like my S4 for another year then..

I was looking forward to upgrading this year from my iPhone X, but as many have stated it’s not a lot new, certainly nothing I care about. This is the longest I’ve ever kept the same phone, 4 years, the power of 10 eh! Still on 83% battery life too.

Not sure whether to go for the Pro or not.

Didn't think orders went live until Friday?
You can get approved for finance and then place your order on Friday. Barclay's finance is open in the Apple app now.

You can get approved for finance and then place your order on Friday. Barclay's finance is open in the Apple app now.
This is what I did. All approved.

Same as above. Approved finance and will be bashing the keyboard on Friday to get one ordered.

was tempted with doing the 0% finance thing and buy directly with Apple but this means I've got the phone for 2 years doesn't it? Or can you just sell it off after 12 months and clear the finance?

was tempted with doing the 0% finance thing and buy directly with Apple but this means I've got the phone for 2 years doesn't it? Or can you just sell it off after 12 months and clear the finance?
You can settle the finance with Barclays any time you want.

I take it that if you are approved for the finance, you don’t have to use it if you end up managing to purchase elsewhere?

There are two ways of paying off the phone - you can either take your time and incur a stupidly high APR interest rate or pay it off on time and you pay no interest.

I did it for my TV - you get an invoice each month with the APR included but as you pay it off within the two years, that interest is removed and you don't pay more than the phones cost.

I don't have a spare £1000 for a phone lying around so I'm happy to use the financing option.

What happened to the “always on screen” 😔
That would have got me to bite.
Part of the problem with so many leaks/rumours (unlike the early days) is that it builds expectation that then let’s you down when not delivered. Bit like the nice looking watch redesign that won’t be happens.

“Highlight” of the night (if you can even call it that) was the IPad mini for me. I don’t need one, but find myself wanting one!

There are two ways of paying off the phone - you can either take your time and incur a stupidly high APR interest rate or pay it off on time and you pay no interest.

I did it for my TV - you get an invoice each month with the APR included but as you pay it off within the two years, that interest is removed and you don't pay more than the phones cost.

I don't have a spare £1000 for a phone lying around so I'm happy to use the financing option.
The Barclays finance is a fixed monthly price and 0% so you pay off the total after 24 months so you won't pay any interest.

I couldn't see 0% options or am i missing something?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom